Fast Walking on dvd?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by stephen^wilson, Jul 11, 2002.

1. stephen^wilson

stephen^wilson Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone know if the prison comedy/drama movie Fast Walking starring James Woods is going to be released on dvd? I remember seeing this film on tv once and have been waiting in anticipation for it to be announced.

2. Jon Hertzberg

Jon Hertzberg Screenwriter

Jonathan
    This is an excellent, gritty prison drama with a vintage James Woods performance that reminds audiences of what made Woods so wonderful and distinctive early in his career. He provides a unique, offbeat comic element to the film that I don't think would be there with someone else in the role. I much prefer Woods in his amiable, f--k-up roles like this and in EYEWITNESS to the caricatured, psychotic roles we see him in all too often these days. [See Walken, Christopher for similar Hollywood studio practice.]
    I would love to see a DVD release with a Woods, Kay Lenz, and director James B. Harris commentary. Unfortunately, this is a cult film that not many have seen so I'm not sure when we'll see it on DVD.
    It was distributed by Lorimar. Warner released the most current VHS that I have seen and I believe they still have the rights. Warner's been getting much better about catalog titles so perhaps they will surprise us.
    What a cast this film had--Woods, Lenz, Tim McIntire (AMERICAN HOT WAX), John Friedrich (THE WANDERERS), M. Emmet Walsh, and Timothy Carey. And I'm hard pressed to find scenes steamier than the ones with Lenz in this picture. Who can't relate to the poor sucker next to her in that visitor cellblock?
    Maybe we could have a James Woods Collection boxset with ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA, FAST WALKING, CAT'S EYE, VIDEODROME, SALVADOR, COP, BEST SELLER, SPLIT IMAGE, EYEWITNESS, and THE ONION FIELD. If the requisite studio cooperation happened...[​IMG]
    Jon

3. stephen^wilson

stephen^wilson Stunt Coordinator

the scene with kay lenz visiting james woods in prison...Mmmm.

4. Jon Hertzberg

Jon Hertzberg Screenwriter

Jonathan
    I'm thinking of the scene where she visits Tim McIntire (the big fella and villain) in prison. The guy in the next cubicle ignores his wife and stares at Lenz's rather blatant, sexual behavior.
    The scene where Woods gives Lenz an outdoor shower is a close second, IMHO. [​IMG]
    Jon