What's new

Fast Times at Ridgemont High = hilarious!!! (1 Viewer)

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
I got this DVD for Christmas from my Uncle. I hadn't seen it before (been meaning to see this film for awhile but for some reason kept putting it off). And I love it!! I've seen it three times so far and can't stop laughing. I wish I had seen it earlier.

"Gnarly, dudes!"

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
I completely wore out my old VHS copy of this film...
Seriously, how great is a comedy that can still leave you rolling on the floor in laughter after seeing it what must be close to 50 times? :emoji_thumbsup:

Craig

Second Unit
"..I completely wore out my old VHS copy of this film..."

Yeah, and I bet I know which spot got the most wear. Nice thing about the DVD is you can pause and replay, and it'll never wear out.

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
In the "most memorable(best ??) nude scene" thread over at the Poll forum, I beleive the "scene" in this movie is the most mentioned. On top of all the usual, this DVD even have Sean Penn in the bonus extra, quite a feat, as Sean Penn is known NOT to participate in this kind of stuff.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I loved this DVD. I got it as a Christmas present also, and I must say that my fave feature is the commentary track. Any track that goes on past the final credits is awesome to me.

Sincerely,

John "Hey, bud, let's party!" Kilduff

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
How's the sound?
We all "LOVE" THE MOVIE!
Yes we do.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Great film! True classic!

I actually saw this in the theater when I was a kid, and my VHS copy wore out long ago, I saw the DVD at KMart and should've picked it up.

In fact I hope to pick it up this week sometime.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Tower Video has this one on sale for $13.99, and I was about to order it...
But I thought I heard some rumors about a newer version being discussed. Anyone know anything about a newer edition of Fast Times at Ridgemont High?

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I'm perfectly fine with the current version. It's got a great commentary with Amy and Cameron (Amy Heckerling and Cameron Crowe, to the non-fans)

I also agree with the vote of the pool scene as most memorable nude scene.

A very good movie.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Unless we are talking about restoring the cuts made to get an R rating, I fail to see what would be gained by a new addition -- this one is great.

And what a perfect movie!

Ted

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I have always liked this movie. I remember watching it on cable years back and this was one of the first DVDs I bought. I just watched it a couple of weeks ago again and Universal did a very nice job on the transfer.

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
This movie will always be one of my favorites.

There was another one along the same lines, The Wild Life (written by Cameron Crowe), anyone remember this one?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks