Fast & The Furious:DVD announced for Jan 2:Specs inc deleted scenes, commentary & DTS

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Johnny G, Sep 29, 2001.

1. Johnny G

Johnny G Supporting Actor

commentary with Rob Choen (director), Spotlight on Location, Racer X article, deleted scenes with optional commentary, featurettes on editing, effects and stunts, effects montage, storyboard to screen comparisons, three music videos, trailer and DVD-Rom stuff. It’ll be an anamorphic 2.35:1 picture with 5.1 and DTS.
    CAN'T WAIT!

2. Jason_S

Jason_S Stunt Coordinator

Geez, that is A LOT of stuff to put on just ONE disc.

3. Ricky f

Ricky f Supporting Actor

Sounds great. The Digital Bits said that we can expect JEEPERS CREEPERS in January. I can't wait either
    Regards,
    Ricky
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    www.petitiononline.com/UncutDVD
    Thank you WILL K for the banner

4. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast
    Supporter

Clint
  5. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

I have to say that, with the exception of the Iron Giant ( [​IMG]), Vin Diesel has had excellent representation on DVD, with most offering DTS sound.
    Count me in. I enjoyed this one enough to make the purchase already. This makes it an even better purchase.
    ------------------
    Bombardment Society - Member

6. Paul_D

Paul_D Cinematographer

Excellent - this looks to be a superb disc. I'm really looking forward to this!

7. Jason Whyte

Jason Whyte Screenwriter

Although I didn't care for this film (At ALL), the DTS and Dolby Digital soundtracks should be definitive demo material for years to come. I saw it theatrically in Dolby SR-D and was blown away by the force of the soundtrack.
    It surely has a very good shot at a Best Sound award at next year's Oscars.
    Jason
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    [email protected] ICQ: 16733922 I Am Jack's DVD List
    "After about five minutes of this movie, you're going to wish you had ten beers." Ghost World
    My Own Film Review Website Coming Soon!

8. AaronMK

AaronMK Supporting Actor

Aaron Karp
    The editing featurett listed on DVDFile that had me curious was "editing required to appease the MPAA."
    I wasn't going to buy or rent this, as I only thought the movie was so-so, but I might rent to see this. I wonder on many films what compromises had to be made to get a certain rating, It would be cool to see a short featurette like this on more titles.
    ------------------
    My DVD's
    If a movie is not available in OAR, than it might as well not be available at all.

9. Mikko Rasinkangas

Mikko Rasinkangas Stunt Coordinator

If the film was cut in order to get a pg 13 rating (or whatever it was), can we expect an unrated or R rated version to be released later? Knowing Universal it might be possible (Pitch Black, American Psycho, American Pie, Nutty professor 2). Anyone, anyone?

10. RyanL

RyanL Stunt Coordinator

This is the best news I've heard all day! I absolutely loved this movie!

11. DanR

DanR Supporting Actor

I think I just figured out why I like this movie. I watched Point Break yesterday, and this movie is VERY similar to Point Break.
    I hope Universal doesn't flub the soundtrack.
    Regards,
    Dan

12. Brett Cameron

Brett Cameron Stunt Coordinator

"I think I just figured out why I like this movie. I watched Point Break yesterday, and this movie is VERY similar to Point Break."
    The movie is practically a remake of Point Break, except instead of surfers it's racers. Point Break is much superior in my opinion since it has all of those memorable one liners("Vayo Con Dios") and some great action scenes courtesy of the wonderful action direction by Kathyryn Bieglow(who studios should be hiring for more action movies instead of these MTV music video directors). I'm looking forward to hearing the audio on Fast And The Furious. As for the "Editing to appease the MPAA" feature on the disc, I remember seeing a tv spot on the superbowl for the movie(back when it was suppose to come out in March) and it said it was rated R. I think Universal toned it down so it could be a bigger box office sucess since teens would be let in.

13. DanR

DanR Supporting Actor

This movie went through some major test screenings. After the first screening, they knew they had a hit (given the budget, etc). So, they screened the hell out of this thing as they tweaked it.
    I'm not kidding when I say that on two separate weekends at my local theater in IL (~ late May and early June), I was asked upon entering the facility, "Are you here for the screening of The Fast and The Furious? If so, please step off to the side and join the crowd over there." After one of these visits to see another movie (Pearl Harbor I believe), I heard people talking about how "awesome" TF&TF screening was as they exited the facility/multiplex. That's what made me go see the movie.
    I'd be very interested to see what they tweaked from March through early June. I also wonder if they asked the same people back multiple times to check on whether they "lost" something with the cuts? Why would they station people at the door asking if you are here for the screening? It seems like they expecting a certain audience to show up.
    Regards,
    Dan
    PS: And yes, I agree Brett, Point Break is superior.

14. Brett Cameron

Brett Cameron Stunt Coordinator

After they test screened the movie earlier this year with a moslty teen audience and got fantastic results, they decided to bump it to June and make it PG-13. Also the advertising was much different then the superbowl spot(which made it look more like an r rated sub-culture action drama, when the new ones made it look like a racing pop music extravganza).