What's new

Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (2019)

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Title: Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw

Genre: Action

Director: David Leitch

Cast: Dwayne Johnson, Jason Statham, Idris Elba, Vanessa Kirby, Eiza González, Eddie Marsan, Stephanie Vogt, David Mumeni, Axel Nu, Lampros Kalfuntzos, Leati Joseph Anoaʻi, Kevin Hart, Ryan Reynolds, Rob Delaney, Cliff Curtis, Helen Mirren, Eliana Su’a, Lori Pelenise Tuisano

Release: 2019-08-01

Runtime: 133

Plot: A spinoff of The Fate of the Furious, focusing on Johnson's US Diplomatic Security Agent Luke Hobbs forming an unlikely alliance with Statham's Deckard Shaw.

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Saw this film today in Dolby Cinema. Basically, if you are a fan of the F&F franchise, you can't help but like this. It has all the elements - The Rock runs rampant, Jason Statham runs rampant, Idris Elba is all over the place. The action is non-stop over the top absurd, etc. Conversely, if you blanched at the earlier films you won't like this one either.

Me? I'm a fan, so I liked it.

All we're missing is the rest of the cast, so to speak, but to my surprise, I didn't really miss them. The Rock and JS carried the load nicely.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yeah, I love the franchise so I really enjoyed my Dolby Atmos showing today. Also, there are some
major cameos from a couple of actors that were humorous.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Thanks for the heads up on the credits. I’ll probably see this over the next couple weeks.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Saw this last night and had a great time. It actually exceeded my expectations. From the trailers, I was expecting a lot more ridiculousness from the action pieces, but thought the cartoonyness was at the perfect level.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Saw this last night and had a great time. It actually exceeded my expectations. From the trailers, I was expecting a lot more ridiculousness from the action pieces, but thought the cartoonyness was at the perfect level.
I don't know, the ending action sequences were pretty ridiculous in my opinion.:)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I thought it was a ton of fun. Ridiculously entertaining from beginning to end.

Loved it for what it is.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Preposterous action is what we see F&F films for. Maybe a tad too much dialogue ;), but my 16-yr-old son and I enjoyed H&S and had a good time!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This film did ignore a lot of the laws of physics, but I didn't care, its heart is in the right place.

And yes, there's one last bonus scene at the very very end of the credits, so stay until the very end.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Saw this today and a bit disappointed by how formulaic it was. Really like F & F 5-7 but not the most recent one. Think they are stretching things too far now. Also too much gratuitous profanity for me considering it is a family film. In the UK this is a 12A which means under 12 must be accompanied.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I saw the film a couple of weeks ago. it was pretty well as dumb as I expected it to be, especially the climax near the end. Entertaining, so long as you didn't expect Shakespearean writing. What really held the film together was the interplay between The Rock and Statham. Without them, it would have been certifiably bad.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I saw the film a couple of weeks ago. it was pretty well as dumb as I expected it to be, especially the climax near the end. Entertaining, so long as you didn't expect Shakespearean writing. What really held the film together was the interplay between The Rock and Statham. Without them, it would have been certifiably bad.

Probably. Good cast overall - Elba makes for a great (if underused) villain, and the cameos are fun.

I'm not a fan of the "F&F" franchise but I enjoyed this one to a reasonable degree. I still find it hard to accept that the street racing criminals of the original are now world-hopping special agents, but since Shaw and Hobbs were never part of that world, I can accept their adventures more readily.

Johnson and Statham do carry the movie. Good chemistry!

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks