What's new

Fast and Furious (Tricked Out): Cover and Details (1 Viewer)

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
16x9, DD 5.1, DTS (unconfirmed), featurettes and behind-the-scenes footage available at branch points during film playback, sneak peek at the sequel, "Faster and More Furious" featurette (learn how the pros transform a stck model into a customixed ride), exclusive short film starring Paul Walker (see what happened after the final fade-out of the first film), free movie ticket to the sequel, and more.

MikeM

Screenwriter
The sequel is really called, "Faster and More Furious"???

Jeez, and I thought "Die Harder" was a bad title...

Skippy

Stunt Coordinator
I thought the sequel was "2 Fast 2 Furious"!?!? Not that that's better than "Faster and More Furious", but I think maybe that's the title of the featurette.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The sequel is really called, "Faster and More Furious"???
I believe that's the title of the featurette on the DVD.

The sequel is called "2 Fast 2 Furious" Some improvement, huh?

Could've been "Faster and Furiouser" :D

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Wow. An exclusive short film? It's probably just 3 minutes of b-reel or something. And to boot, no DTS. Very sad.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
You'd think they'd make it a two disc set that actually contained the extras from the first release last year...

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
Yep...this is the downfall of DVD...first its the "Tricked Out" Edition of F&TF then its the "Extreme Edition" of T2...what the hell is wrong with Collectors Edition and Ultimate...:angry:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

It's probably just the bookend of the original film that no one saw because it was after the credits. They've probably now segregated it as a "new bonus extra."

The first disc had DTS, who knows why it's missing here. Obviously this version isn't as "tricked out" as it could be.

Declan

Second Unit
well i'm keeping my original (if my cousin ever gives it back to me:angry: :D ......or should it be :D :angry: )

No DTS. That was the best thing on the original dvd. 20,000 (rough estimate) Home theatre salesmen around the world cant be wrong. One of thee very best, dynamic and loud mixes one DVD. Great stuff.

Would'nt mind seeing what that short film is though. Maybe it's not the bit at the very end of the credits and it's Paul Walker trying to explain to the cops (who you can hear are coming) what the hell just happend:
"well Maaaaaan I was drivin this sweet black ride when this semi came outta nowhere, ohh and I just killed two guys on motorcyles before that and helped a guy off a truck going around 70mph............. it was soo cool ya shoulda seen it"

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
:rolleyes:Another double dip re-release (sigh).

Why exactly would I want this new one when the first edition is already referrance quality with plentiful extras? It's simply an attempt to get us to shell out more bucks because of the sequel. I'm beginning to think that the studios, Universal anyway, has made some sort of deal with theater chains to get us to pay, essentially, 20 bucks for a movie ticket that I could get for 6 bucks at a matinee showing of the film.

Matthew,

who's the fox in your sig dude? :)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That is one ugly cover. The floating head effect is just priceless. Reminds me of the heads-in-a-jar from FUTURAMA....minus the jar.

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
Yep...this is the downfall of DVD...first its the "Tricked Out" Edition of F&TF then its the "Extreme Edition" of T2...what the hell is wrong with Collectors Edition and Ultimate...
IMO, this is just an attempt to make people double dip. Release the movies again with a couple of added extras. This is probably going to be the norm now. The studios are probably going to re-release the movie again when the sequel comes out. The only reason why we are seeing T2: Extreme Edition & F&TF: Tricked Out edition is because the T3 & 2 Fast 2 Furious is coming to theaters this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks