What's new

Fast and Furious 3. Vin Diesel in, Paul Walker out? (1 Viewer)

todd stone

Screenwriter
http://countingdown.com/movies/3277097

Vin Diesel In, Paul Walker Out?
[The Fast and the Furious 3] According to Dark Horizons, Vin Diesel might return for The Fast and the Furious 3. Paul Walker might not:"Vin Diesel's deal is 99.9 closed. They're keeping this under wraps while ...

Vin Diesel back for 'Fast & Furious 3'? - The Fast and the Furious 3 (12/05)

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I rather had Vin do XXX 2 instead. I'm not much of a fan of the Fast and the Furious (haven't even seen the second one yet).

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I enjoyed the 2nd one but it was just more of the same as the first. Maybe more hallucenigenic light shows in the second.
I really can't think for the life of me what they could do in the third to make people want to come see it. Maybe it could be in Europe and they are all driving BMWs and Renaults and Porsches...wait, that was called Ronin, nevermind. :D

James T

Screenwriter
Just do a crossover movie with XXX and Fast and the Furious...or has that already been done in both those movies?

todd stone

Screenwriter
I feel they COULD do another movie but with muscle cars only, no rice cars. Plus Vin fits the muscle car look anyway

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Me thinks it would pretty much be boring for their intended audience. Generally the folks after this movie will be fairly young and driving and I will quote Todd Stone "rice cars".

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Maybe someone actually sat down and watched one of Paul Walker's 'performances' (a generous description) and realised he makes Keanu Reeves look like Laurence Olivier.

Adam

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
Is a third one really needed?

I couldn't get past all the silly ricer cars in these movies.

Bring on the real muscle cars.

I guess Vin coming back means he needs some money.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
So is this like Jurassic Park where only one guy came back for film 2 and the other comes back for film 3?

Oh well. What was up with this Vin Diesel madness anyway? The studios saw that The Fast and the Furious starring cars and Paul Walker did good, so they figured Vin Diesel was a box office draw?!

DouglasRobert

Second Unit
Fast and Furious flicks are just like the old Smokey and the Bandit films. You watch them for the car chases and crashes, really nothing else.

In 2 Fast 2 Fuious, while racing against the old "Muscle" cars, they state that they can't beat them because the Muscle cars are faster, so they sort of "cheat" to win the cars. Surprising they actually admit that in a film targeted toward the younger crowd.

Paul Walker may be out due to the poor box office of Timeline, but I doubt I would see F&F 3 if he isn't in it. It's kind of like a Smokey and the Bandit film without Burt Reynolds, it sucks without the main character.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Paul Walker could be replaced by a theater lobby cardboard standee and it would be an improvement.

I swear, if I had to listen to him say the word "bro" in every sentence for another 5 minutes in 2F2F, I'd have put my foot through the TV.

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
I'll see it just to see more ricers cars get smashed up. I love it when these movies come out and all the kiddies think their little honda import is a race car lol. My SS likes rice ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks