What's new

Fassbinder (1 Viewer)

KDHM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kim Donald Houde-Martens
The Rainer Werner Fassbinder Foundation has just released in Germany the first four films that were Restored Last year, all have English subs and all are two disc sets (but the second disc is the same on each DVD) all are are priced around 20 euros. I have been working a lot so I have not had a chance to watch any yet.

Angst essen Seele auf (Ali: Fear Eats the Soul)

Der amerikanische Soldat (The American Soldier)

Händler der vier Jahreszeiten (The Merchant of Four Seasons)

Katzelmacher

The second DVD has Fassbinder's short film "Das kleine Chaos" and "Rainer Werner Fassbinder, Portrait des Künstlers"

I'll post back after I've watch them if anyone is interested.

kd

Hendrik

Supporting Actor
" ...all have English subs... "
...are you quite sure about that?...
" ...the second disc is the same on each DVD... "
...are you sure about that? ...seems like that would be quite a pointless exercise, especially since - afaik - more releases in this 'uniform edition' are planned...
...meanwhile I'm still waiting for my usual supplier to send me the c. 10-hour Die Manns :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: which was originally reported to be "im Rückstand" - while I see that it has now been labeled "auf Bestellung" - except that my "Bestellung" went out two months ago :angry: ...
. . . . . .

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
Amazon.de lists them all has having English "untertitels." They also list the same features on the second disc for all four. Hopefully Kim can confirm this.

Hendrik

Supporting Actor
...strangely enough "the horse's mouth" ( = E.M.S. = the company that actually manufactures/distributes these discs ) doesn't mention Untertitel anywhere on their (over-elaborate, crash-prone) site... at least I haven't been able to find any reference to subs...
http://www.e-m-s.de/home.htm
...curious...
. . . . . .

KDHM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kim Donald Houde-Martens
Just checked the 2nd disc and your right no subs, the short realy does not need subs to follow what is going on but for the rest it would be nice for those that don't speak german. As stated above all have subs for the films and the seconed disc is the same, I wish thay had also put out a box set with the four films and one disc for the extras, but I only paid 19 euros a film so it was not too bad. I hope The next group of films will have a different extra disc.

kd

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks