What's new

fashion trend sweeping the county? (1 Viewer)

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I saw this again in the city and I just about got whiplash.
College age females who wear really really low slung pants and thong underwear really high....maybe 5 inches or so above the pants. At first I thought it was an accident but after today, I dont think so

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I ve heard during the Derby it gets crazy....
Cool, except it's the ones you don't want to see that generally like to show off.
These were not the case.

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
Like spandex, it will fade into oblivion when the fat chicks start doing it...

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
It's just like cargo pants.
When Cher started wearing them and in SATIN, they were officially dead.

Why are people still wearing them?

The thing with low slung pants, a guy at work has been wearing his for the last 2 days, plus today even his boxers were falling below the equator.

Kids...just say no to crack!

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Don't really see it at my college, I like low slung pants on the females but I think the thong look is kinda trashy. Just a real big cry for attention.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
A lot of high school girls wear them too, here in Calgary. I feel like a criminal just glancing at them!

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I wasn't asking if they were still a trend, I was asking why they are a trend.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
As for why it is a trend...I suspect it is something they picked up on from watching music videos and shows like Muchmusic's Electric Circus that shows a bunch of "people from the street" dancing in a club for an hour or two broadcast live.

It may have originated in other countries, perhaps Brazil, and "jumped the border".

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
similar to the cher comment,
FFMB (foam front mesh back) hats were officially dead when roddick wore that ghastly reebok creation at the open. Those NFL ones are perhaps the ugliest ones i've seen to date.

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Speaking of thongs that show above their lower garments...... I went to a college football game recently and two young ladies were sitting in front of me wh had on low slung garments with those thongs 2 inches up! Hell, we could barely watch the game.......

While something like this is kinda nice to look at, it does look kinda trashy too....

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Yeah Grant, sooooo last week.

Thankfully the "no-show socks" trend is dying. This looks horrible! Guys wearing sneakers with socks that can't be seen. It looks so damn feminine and they make guys legs look like bird legs.

Anybody know what's up with the John Deere hats?
Oh you mean the giant mesh baseball hats ?
Tell me this isn't the most retarded trend since the "leave your price tags on your clothes." This will die in a few months. I mean a 20-something wearing a giant mesh fishing hat with Keep On Truckin' on it? Hilarious :)
Add a flannel and a tractor and "YeeHaw!!"

Neil M

Stunt Coordinator
Whenever I see mesh hats now, I'm almost tempted to punch them in the face for looking like an idiot. It's the dumbest thing that I have seen in my 4 years of college. And I've seen a lot of dumb fashion statements.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
I always wear no-show socks if I'm in shorts & sneakers. I figure if I have 12+ hours of tribal tattoo on my leg, then I'm going to show-off as much of it as I can!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.