Farscape

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Wayne W, Aug 8, 2002.

1. Wayne W

Wayne W Stunt Coordinator

Anybody here watch Farscape?
    It is a great show that never seems to get any credit. It is a Sci-Fi show with great characters and does an amazing job of combining humor and action.
    Here is a link if you want to find out more about it:
    http://www.scifi.com/farscape/index.html?4

2. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

I love Farscape though I'm tiring of the seemingly endless Aeron - Crichton angle.

3. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

Farscape is the best sci-fi show on television today.
    This season didn't start off as strong as usual (especially the two-parter) but has gotten better each week starting with the lava-cave episode. Last week's was definitely the season's best so far.
    There are only three episodes left in August (with the last one being a cliff-hanger) and then no new episodes till January 2003. [​IMG]

4. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

I think we just become too complacent in "Farscape"'s greatness. It's operatic, well-acted, and looks like a million bucks; after a while, we simply take it for granted, especially since it does the long stretches - running continually all summer, then in constant repeats when everything else on TV is new.

5. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

6. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

It drives everyone insane, but Sci-Fi counterprograms the Networks, when they're in rerun land, Sci-Fi shows new shows

7. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Right. Cable networks really have little to gain by putting anything new on during sweeps periods - those are mostly used by local stations - and they work on a smaller budget, so there's no good reason for them to show their new stuff at the same time as the networks.

8. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

9. Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson Cinematographer

Wayne,

Do a search of "Farscape" in the TV section of this forum and you will get plenty of links to other Farscape threads.

10. Wayne W

Thanks for the search advice! I just wanted to see if anyone wanted to discuss the new shows that are coming out.

I guess I don't feel the frustration yet with the release schedule because I'm new to the show. I borrowed the season one DVDs from a friend and have the first one for S2. I've also caught the last few new episodes.

I agree that the last episode was the best in S4 so far. It will be interesting to see where it goes from the end of the last episode.

11. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

12. Daniel Kikin

And what's up with Scorpius and Sikozu? They seem to be getting along really well too...

13. Thomas D

Thomas D Stunt Coordinator

14. Paul McElligott

Paul McElligott Cinematographer

Paul McElligott
    Are they releasing season one as a box set? It's supposed to list @ $149. That's about $120 per season.

15. Daniel Kikin

16. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

17. Wayne W

I was asking if anyone on the newsgroup was watching.

Farscape is going to be on in Australia now:

MEDIA RELEASE: July 25, 2002.
    Farscape lands a primetime Aussie home on FOXTEL.

FOXTEL is proud to announce the international hit sci-fi series Farscape, made in Australia, will be airing primetime on the FOX8 channel from October, 2002.
    The series is produced by Jim Henson Television and Hallmark Entertainment and, since its launch in 1999, it has become a huge hit for the SCI FI Channel in the United States and the United Kingdom.

FOXTEL has taken over as the Australian investment partner on Farscape as of Series Four, which is currently shooting at Homebush, in Sydney.
    Director of Television Brian Walsh said FOXTEL was delighted to support this outstanding drama series, which has been an unqualified success in many television markets around the world.
    And has occasionaly been shown on Australian free to air.

"Farscape will be comprehensively promoted and marketed by FOXTEL and the series will be showcased on FOX8, the number one channel on Australian subscription television," he said. "It is our clear intention to support this extraordinary series in a primetime slot and give it the promotion it deserves."

Farscape's Executive Producer David Kemper said: "We're particularly pleased to have a wonderful new broadcast partner here in Australia. Farscape makes use of the finest talent on the continent, both in front of and behind the camera, and we believe that Australian audiences will thrill to the ride that is captivating viewers around the globe. We think we're Australia's best-kept television secret, and look forward to sharing that secret with all of FOX8 and FOXTEL's subscribers."

FOX8 will pick up the story at Series Two and continue through into next year with Series Three. (Series One has already run on FOX Kids.)
    The Australian premiere of Farscape Series 4 will be on FOXTEL in 2003.