FARSCAPE We're So Screwed Pt. III: La Bomba

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Kaz, Mar 14, 2003.

1. Brian Kaz

Brian Kaz Second Unit

Farscape continues it's run of great to superior episodes with "La Bomba". There was some great character moments and what do you know, Scarrans are actually morons.

Favorite moments:

1. The "Hi there" elevator finale

2. Sikozu kicking ass

3. Braca continuing the PK revolving door of command

I came away with one question, though. If that was really a Stark bioloid torturing Scorpy, how did it have his power?

At least now we know why Sikozu is so hot for Scorpius. One thing this episode was missing was a reaction from Stark seeing Scorpy hanging out on Moya with them.

God, I'm going to miss this show.

2. Eric Mitchell

Eric Mitchell Stunt Coordinator

I totally agree. How can this show be ending? I'll miss the sheer outragous outerwoldness yet down to earth feeling of the show. My favorite moments (besides #1&2 above):

1) "You missed the vote."

2) The couples and...um...renewing? (I have to say I approve.)

3) I have to admit that the very end, I got all choaked up. Have we ever seen that side of Crichton as in the ending?

I'm not sure I can watch the ending, ...just so I have something to continually look forward to.

3. Brian Kaz

Brian Kaz Second Unit

Oh, one other thing:

Is it me, or did a Scarran warrior actually cut one in the elevator? I saw one of them sniff and then look over at his buddy.

All that was missing from that scene was the elevator muzak.[​IMG]

4. Duane R

Duane R Second Unit

It was a superb episode to be sure. It was nice seeing Dargo and Pip rekindle things. I agree with the emotional reaction in the closing scene with John and Aeryn. It'll be interesting to see how they close things out (for the time being). I read that David Kemper was rewriting scenes for Bad Timing up until the last day of filming. I still think this show will be resurrected in 2 years when Sci-Fi's airing rights expire. I believe that there's easily another season's worth of stories that could be told.

5. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

Is it just me or does Farscape have the best names for their episodes?

6. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Yeah Farscape has some of the best titles out there. My favorite is now Hot to Katratzi :)

capt

7. Paul E. Fox II

Paul E. Fox II Second Unit

Great episode!

I just wished they'd either explained the whole Flower Thing a little better or, if they did explain it...explained it LOUDER so I could here what Scorp was saying.

Evidently, the whole "Wormhole for Help" deal between John and Grasshopper is dead now that the bomb did the dirty deed...right?

8. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

The flowers-Ill put it in a spoiler because i know its more detailed in the next episode. But

The Scarrans normally are stupid creatures who couldnt put a thought together. Somehow the flower makes them the way they are. Without the flowers they are worthless

9. Jon Torres

Jon Torres Second Unit

10. Brian Kaz

Brian Kaz Second Unit

11. DennisK

DennisK Agent

My impression from what Scorpius said is that the ruling family uses the flowers to evolve into smarter creatures. I'm not sure if it was intentional but in the Robotech Sentinel series of books (the cartoons were never made) the Invid use their Flower of Life to do the same thing.