What's new

Farscape - Should I watch Peacekeeper Wars? (1 Viewer)

Mark Seyb

Agent
First off, I want to thank all of the members of the forum who recommended such an awesome show. It truly does live up to the hype. I purchased the first two Starburst editions and will continue to purchase the rest, as this seems the best way to go. However, at the rate that ADV is releasing them, I’ll finish the series in September of 2006. I purchased Peacekeeper Wars the same day that Volume 2 came out but it has been sitting on my shelf unopened. I want to open it. I want to watch it. I need a Farscape fix. My question to you all is should I watch Peacekeeper Wars without seeing all the episodes? Will I ruin the experience that much? Whatever, the majority decides is what I’ll stick to. Thanks again for the great recommendation!

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
You probably should wait, not just because it will spoil some things, but you probably will have a hard time figuring out some things, because you haven't seen the previous events.

Jason

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
The series has ongoing plot arcs. I would watch it after you have watched the entire show although I don't know how you are going to wait that long. :) Goodluck.
I didnt see the show when it was on air either. I saw it mostly through DVDs. Boy did I fall in love with this show. Did the same thing with B5. Great discovering a show on DVD.

elizaVeta

Grip
I'd wait as well. I haven't seen the entire series as well. If you have a good internet connection and are interested you could download the episodes and buy the Starburst editions as you go along like I'm doing.

But I'm afraid to be spoiled and I know it may have alot spoilers/things I might not understand fully until I finish watching the entire series. I think I'd appreciate it more if I waited.

But to each his own. :)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I do not buy shows sight unseen (I don't even own any TV shows outside of B5), so I am having a really frustrating time renting Farscape thru netflix, as each disk only contains 2 episodes.

I typically watch TV shows in mini marathon sessions of 5 episodes on average, often MUCH more, and can zip through a whole season in just a couple of days before taking a break.

That's why I have been so slow with this show, why would I waset a netflix rental on 2 eps when I can twice as much for a show like Angel?

Just ranting.

--
H

elizaVeta

Grip
I'd wait as well. I haven't seen the entire series as well. If you have a good internet connection and are interested you could download the episodes and buy the Starburst editions as you go along like I'm doing.

But I'm afraid to be spoiled and I know it may have alot spoilers/things I might not understand fully until I finish watching the entire series. I think I'd appreciate it more if I waited.

But to each his own. :)

Burn Rourk

Agent
Sorry to say, but YOU MUST WAIT. Being that this is the end-all finale of the series, you will see the final fates of all the characters which may color your perception of the entire viewing experience. Not to mention you're going to be watching a majority of characters that you haven't even been introduced to yet. Between the confusion and the spoilage, it just isn't worth watching. Yet. Trust us.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
If you don't want to wait two years before all the Starburst Editions are out, you can rent the original releases and then buy the Starburst Editions as they come out, at least that way you wouldn't have to wait so long to see PK Wars.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks