Farscape: Season 4 Collection 2 on 1/27

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Daniel Kikin, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

Edit: Sorry, title should be Season 4 Collection 2.

From the ADV Films website:

2. Todd Hostettler

Todd Hostettler Second Unit

Please don't take this as a [​IMG].

But the thing I like most about this set is that it takes the five worst episodes of the season, and puts them all together in one, easy-to-not-buy package. [​IMG]

I dare any fan of the show to find something nice to say about Coup By Clam or A Prefect Murder.

Don't get me wrong, though. I own 4.1, and I'll pick up everything from 4.3-forward.

3. Thomas Hart

Thomas Hart Stunt Coordinator

Well, I am a fan of the show, and I thought "John Quixote" and "I Shrink..." were two of the best episodes in the first half of season 4 (next to "Promises" and "Lava...").

As for "A Prefect Murder", the animatronic old man was simply amazing and completely believable (in sci-fi context)and is only slightly overshadowed by the fetus-thingy from "Choices". Plus it was kind of cool to see another cast member of "The Road Warrior" (no, besides Virginia Hey) in Farscape playing the ruler.

"Coup by Clam" had...er...well...okay fine, you got me on this one. I kind of thought it sucked too. But I also thought "Twice Shy", which will be on the next DVD set 4.3, was just as bad.

4. ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA Screenwriter

Maybe I'm hopeless, but I've enjoyed every episode of Farscape produced and cannot wait for the in production mini. Problem is I haven't been able to track down 4.1 locally, may have to buy online....

5. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

Actually, I liked "A Prefect Murder". I will agree with you about "Coup By Clam", tho.

I also liked "John Quixote" as well because it is pretty gonzo and it has a Zhaan appearance...

Jason

6. ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA Screenwriter

Finally tracked down a copy of 4.1 got for a steal, 17.99!

7. JohnAP

JohnAP Second Unit

I still need to get a couple of the recent releases to get caught up, but I'm sure I'll get this eventually. They're not exactly as cost effective as some of the other shows I've been collecting that come out in season sets, a trend I wish ADV would adopt if they keep aquiring new shows at the rate they have been.

This release does look like it represents the weakest point of season 4, but I think there's enough enjoyable episodes on it to make it worth getting. I like John Quixote and A Prefect Murder and I don't want to have gaps left in my collection. After all, there were a few pretty weak episodes in season 1 and I still shelled out for them.