Farscape Season 3 - Deluxe Edition?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kai Zas, Feb 8, 2002.

1. Kai Zas

Kai Zas Second Unit

Big fan of Farscape and really glad it's comming along on DVD at this pace (well, here in Region 2, that is).

The first box-set of Season 3 seems to be in the pre-order stage over at Amazon, but there's 2 editions. The regular box (of which a pic is finally available) and a Deluxe Edition for £10 extra.

So... anyone here know what's so deluxe about it? Any word on the extra features?

2. Michael St. Clair

I have no real idea. Maybe they are including the extras that are only on the R1 release, for additional cost?

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Since we won't see Season 3 until next Spring give or take, I'm going to guess that's not it. The only R1 exclusive extras are the commentaries on 8 episodes, if they were to include those 8 eps, the price would be MUCH higher

4. Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson Cinematographer

I can't wait till we get season 2 started here in the US. Was nice to see the box covers.

5. David Allum

David Allum Stunt Coordinator

From R2 Project:
    We have had a couple of enquires pertaining to a mysterious "Deluxe Edition" of Farscape that has appeared for sale over at Blackstar. Series 3 of "Farscape" is due from Kult on the 18th of March for the usual price of £24.99 for 2 disks. However the "Deluxe edition" is priced around £34.99 (at Blackstar). We can tell you that the deluxe edition is a theme boxset that comes with a "Farscape" watch, Lithographs and of course the disks. It's all wrapped up in a very sexy box but don't worry the disks themselves can be stored with the rest of your collection on the shelves.

6. Kai Zas

Kai Zas Second Unit

That's good to know David! Do you suppose this is goig to be a one time event, or are they going to have deluxe editions each and every time from now on?

I suppose not, though. I'll keep checking R2 Project.

(I was kinda freaking out a little over the fact that the box would be different. My Farscape collection is looking seeet right nog, wouldn't want to ruin it with a different kind of box. It's already a shame they had to add the minimum viewing age on the boxes of season 2.)

7. David Allum

David Allum Stunt Coordinator