What's new

Farscape Season 3 - Deluxe Edition? (1 Viewer)

Kai Zas

Second Unit
Big fan of Farscape and really glad it's comming along on DVD at this pace (well, here in Region 2, that is).

The first box-set of Season 3 seems to be in the pre-order stage over at Amazon, but there's 2 editions. The regular box (of which a pic is finally available) and a Deluxe Edition for £10 extra.

So... anyone here know what's so deluxe about it? Any word on the extra features?

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I have no real idea. Maybe they are including the extras that are only on the R1 release, for additional cost?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Since we won't see Season 3 until next Spring give or take, I'm going to guess that's not it. The only R1 exclusive extras are the commentaries on 8 episodes, if they were to include those 8 eps, the price would be MUCH higher

David Allum

Stunt Coordinator
From R2 Project:
We have had a couple of enquires pertaining to a mysterious "Deluxe Edition" of Farscape that has appeared for sale over at Blackstar. Series 3 of "Farscape" is due from Kult on the 18th of March for the usual price of £24.99 for 2 disks. However the "Deluxe edition" is priced around £34.99 (at Blackstar). We can tell you that the deluxe edition is a theme boxset that comes with a "Farscape" watch, Lithographs and of course the disks. It's all wrapped up in a very sexy box but don't worry the disks themselves can be stored with the rest of your collection on the shelves.

Kai Zas

Second Unit
That's good to know David! Do you suppose this is goig to be a one time event, or are they going to have deluxe editions each and every time from now on?

I suppose not, though. I'll keep checking R2 Project.

(I was kinda freaking out a little over the fact that the box would be different. My Farscape collection is looking seeet right nog, wouldn't want to ruin it with a different kind of box. It's already a shame they had to add the minimum viewing age on the boxes of season 2.)

David Allum

Stunt Coordinator
That's good to know David! Do you suppose this is goig to be a one time event, or are they going to have deluxe editions each and every time from now on?
I suspect it will depend on how well the Deluxe Edition sells. The standard one is good enough for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks