Farscape Season 3 - choice of packaging

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Daniel Kikin, Jan 22, 2003.

1. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

According to ADV Films website, the first four episodes of Season 3 will be released as a two-disc set and two separate single discs on 4/8. This is a pretty interesting way of doing it but I hope people don't get confused when they see Volume 3.1 and then Season Three Volume One and Season Three Volume Two. It will probably get even more confusing with subsequent Season 3 releases.

I'm going to opt for the two-disc set - I need to conserve space and the discs have the same content anyway.

2. Joel C

Joel C Screenwriter

This is so dumb. Why? For people who don't like double keep cases?

3. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

4. Beast

Beast Second Unit

Season 2 was only released in 2-disc sets. So it seems pretty silly to release season 3 both ways. Season 1 was released only in single disc releases. But when it was re-released in the complete season boxset, they switched to the thick 2-disc cases. :p) [​IMG]

5. Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson Cinematographer

6. Daniel Kikin

The first season box set is slim doubles, the Season 2 releases are thick 2-disc cases. I'm hoping they stick to the thick ones for the Season 3 2-disc sets.

7. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

8. Daniel Kikin

I asked Corey from ADV why they decided to use this format and if this would be for the whole season at the Fasrcape World Forums. Here's what he said:

9. Joel C

Joel C Screenwriter

I prefer what they did for the season one boxset, so the discs take up less room. You can either have: 5 doubles (significant amount of room) or 10-11 singles (waaaay more room).

Or the boxset: six slim doubles, taking up a bit less room than the 5 doubles. Plus you get differnet art on the cover and insert, so you get all the art of the 11 singles. Farscape already takes up almost as much room on my shelf as Buffy, even with one less season released.

10. Beast

Beast Second Unit

Ah, ok. I thought the season boxset used the thicker cases. I have the original releases, and wasn't about ready to rebuy them all, just for the boxset. But in the end it's still silly. Because now none of the packaging is consistant from season to season. What's next, season 4 in your choice of snapper or jewel cases. :p)

11. Thomas Hart

Thomas Hart Stunt Coordinator

HEY! After going over the specs for this Season 3 set, I noticed no mention of the fantastic special "FARSCAPE UNDRESSED" anywhere!!!! I know this was included on the UK DVD versions and putting this special anywhere but on this set wouldn't make any sense (since it nicely covers the previous 2 seasons and directly leads into the Season 3 premire episode). This special would be a great primer for those who don't know much about the show (and believe me, the show need all the help it can get) and haven't bought the previous DVDs.

I hope this special is included; if not, it's a very significant missed opportunity! [​IMG]