What's new

Farscape--Season 1 reruns (1 Viewer)

Mark Wolverton

Stunt Coordinator
Ana, I love it. You finally get my signature. You are the first to say you get it.
I am a sci-fi freak. I like mostly sci-fi movies and shows. That's not to say that I don't watch anything else, I like all kinds of movies and shows. I owned a chain of video stores in Hawaii for 16 years, so I pretty much have a wide taste for films and shows. Sci-fi is just my favorite. Anyway, my point is, Farscape has great writing and the very concept, a living ship, the puppets and all the strong characters. I can't really think of anything I don't like about it, so to say why I as a man likes it would limit me to way of thinking I'm not used to.
OK, now I'm sounding like I'm way out of my league. Its a frelling great show. For me it should run longer than an arn but then it would be more a movie than a series.
I love some of the strong Australian accents that come through. The whole worm hole thing is totally cool, being an armature astronomer. I love all things Sci-Fi.
------------------
Mark W
"I like to watch."
Chauncy Gardner - Being There -

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I knew Farscape was going to be a great series after watching the preview episode (which was PK Tech Girl oddly enough) they ran on USA a week before the premiere episode ran on Sci-Fi. I was so excited over this show that I created the IMDB entry on it and have maintained it ever since.
I like strong character and narrative-driven stories... not all action/adventure. Not to mention that Farscape manages to be consistently funny and they spend more time on character development in some episodes than some series spend in an entire season.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Ana, I forgot to answer your question: You can get to the Studio Feedback by selecting the Jump to: button at the top and bottom of every page and going through the list til you get to 'Studio and Manufacturer Feedback'

AnaDFrat

Agent
Wow, guys I'm loving this. Great responses. And you were all so earnest in your responses, nothing as shallow as my Ben has a nice butt
wink.gif

Tom, you poor Farscape-deprived soul. You are in dire need of a tape fairy.
Great comparison to Diana Rigg--I loved that show and her character. She was the first tv kick-ass lady, right? Did you hate the movie? I know I did. :)
David, more great info. I didn't know that they had done a pre-preview on USA before the premiere on Sci-Fi. Sort of what they did with Witchblade movie on USA and the series on TNT.
Mark, are you watching Witchblade?

AnaDFrat

Agent
There must be more women on this board. Come out come out whereever you are. Look at all the guys--they don't bite. Well, maybe Mark will
wink.gif

On to page 3!
[Edited last by AnaDFrat on August 08, 2001 at 08:48 PM]

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
> nothing as shallow as my Ben has a nice butt
Oh yes, he has a very nice butt... I was so pleased when they got him into those leather pants (starting in Nerve I think it was). That lovely english PK accent he does is nice too... wonder if he picked that up from his wife? (Anglophilia is one of my many vices)
Speaking of Francesca, I wonder where they will sneak her in next. She always plays such interesting roles, my favorite is ro-NA in the Look at the Princess trilogy. (So far my high water mark for the series, followed closely by the Liars, Guns and Money trio... first season cameo city)

AnaDFrat

Agent
My favorite Francesca role is the last one in Scratch N Sniff. I have to find a picture of what she really looks like. She's very tiny, smaller than Gigi.
Scratch N Sniff was a different type of Farscape. I was left wondering "huh?" Not one of my faves but seeing Ben in pantyhose was worth it.
I guess sex, drugs and rock n roll is also out there in the UT.
Pilot's displeasure with D'Argo and John was also pretty funny.

Tom Rhea

Second Unit
>>And you were all so earnest in your responses, nothing as shallow as my Ben has a nice butt>Tom, you poor Farscape-deprived soul. You are in dire need of a tape fairy.>Great comparison to Diana Rigg--I loved that show and her character. She was the first tv kick-ass lady, right? Did you hate the movie? I know I did. >Not one of my faves but seeing Ben in pantyhose was worth it.

AnaDFrat

Agent
A Farscape comic book is scheduled to be released in October by War Storm; Here's the info
Farscape: War Torn #1
Written by Marv Wolfman
Art by Robert Teranishi, Carlos Mota, and Keith Aiken
Cover by Photo
The Sci-Fi Network's hit TV show is now a WildStorm comic! John Crichton and the crew of the Moya arrive in a system featuring two different civilizations in the midst of a war. The Moya's crew must tread a delicate path to avoid fanning the flames of the war, while attempting to gain access to the information that could lead the travel-weary crew back to their homes.
In stores October 24
48 Pages; Cover Price $5.95
I'm looking forward to this.
Tom, I looked for a screen capture of Ben in pantyhose but haven't found anything yet. Besides a great butt, he has great legs. :)
yum.gif
drool.gif

Mark Wolverton

Stunt Coordinator
Ana,
I don't bite, or at least not hard! LOL :) I have been watching Witchblade. I thought this weeks episodes was great. I loved it when she asked the Captian if he was wetting the bed. What a great line!
Back to Farscape. I guess some of the guys around here like Ben in his leathers too. To each his/her own I always say. I of course prefer Gigi and Cludia myself but I'm sure that's a personal preference. :) As far as costumes go, I'm going to have to go with Scorpy. I mean after all if you want leather, he's your man. I love his character. I don't know if you could have a more likable villain. At least without him being nice. Scorpy is Evil! You gotta love him.
I really like the way John has had to fight with Scorpy in his head. I think the episodes where they went back and forth were some of the best dialog shows made. IMHO.
Speaking of costumes I really like Chiana's too, but D'argo's is cool!
------------------
Mark W
"I like to watch."

Tom Rhea

Second Unit
>>Tom, I looked for a screen capture of Ben in pantyhose but haven't found anything yet. Besides a great butt, he has great legs.>Speaking of costumes I really like Chiana's too, but D'argo's is cool!

AnaDFrat

Agent
Ok Mark, what did you think of Revenging Angel? I had to watch it twice right away to get most of the dialogue. Tom, Tom, Tom, you must get cable back.
They actually had an animated Farscape interwoven with the story--totally awesome. Think Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote--You can figure out who is who. :)
I must admit that Jool is growing on me.
Why is D'Argo so frelling angry?
Next week's look very very intriguing.

Mark Wolverton

Stunt Coordinator
I'm still a little up in the air over this last weeks episode. Don't get me wrong I love animation and I love the road runner but, well I don't know. I guess the more I think about it I like it. It was just really weird. Just the Auzzies way of poking fun I suppose.
Ana, I thought revenging Angel was great. I'm really starting to get into this show. I can't help myself, I am infatuated with her.
In Farscape I think the interaction with the puppets is very convincing. I mean Rigel on his floating chair is cool and the actors claim they love the hands on interaction. I can't wait for Friday.
Michael, It would be way cool if the released a second season box set but the people in power probably feel there is more money in individual disks. Though, you never know, fans have gotten their way before.
------------------
Mark W
"I like to watch."

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
ADV has made it pretty clear that there will *never* be boxed sets of Farscape... there is just no money in it for them. They earn a decent profit on each disc sold, but a big slice of the pie goes first to the Jim Henson Co and other producers... its very complicated and amazing that Farscape has made it to DVD in the first place. ADV understands the fans concern though and, as I mentioned before, are working out how they might be able to release 3 episodes per disc.
As for Revenging Angel... I was disappointed. The episode felt so compressed and artificial... not what I've come to expect from Farscape. It felt like two stories thrust together to make one episode... and the bit with D'Argo throwing his Qualta blade into the dren at the bottom of Pilot's Den and then it being the one item he needs to save the day was just too hokey... deus ex machina, anyone? The ship being Luxan was a nifty development and the new facets of everyone's favorite space princess, Jool, was fab.
As for the animated segment and John's coma... it could have reasonably been made to work as a standalone episode, removed from hyper-rages and self-destructing ships. )John sure gets hit on the head a lot) The animation was wonderful, but the gag wore on after the 5th painted wormhole trick. (The best part of the Looney Tunes is that they worked for 5-7 minutes, not 30). The best 5 minutes in the ep were Aeryn's morpherotic romp from Jessica Rabbit to Marilyn and back.
One more ep to go after The Choice which looks to be a great Aeryn ep. (Maybe we'll get a glimpse of Talyn Sun?)

AnaDFrat

Agent
I wonder what Aeryn's choice is going to be?????
Are they all back on Moya?
Question: Jool says that the two Crichtons are exact copies of the original. So, does that mean that there is an "ORIGINAL" out there perhaps left on that planet?

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Well if there is an 'original' John out there, he's 6ft. under. The Leviathan in Eat Me exploded shortly after our newly twinned hero escaped. I think Jool meant that each of the twinned John is the original as near as she can tell... there are no obvious replication errors in the DNA. (The real reason for Jool's little medical check-up here according to the producers is that they wanted identical Johns... so the audience couldn't tell which was the original... My take is that if the audience knew that Talyn John or Moya John was the duplicate it would ruin the drama of Talyn John's death)
According to internet reports the title of the final episode before the 4 month break (airing 8/24) is Fracture. If SciFi strips *all* the episodes during the week, we will be back to Fracture in mid-November.
[Edited last by David Williams on August 14, 2001 at 12:25 AM]

AnaDFrat

Agent
Good point, David. I forgot that the ship blew up. then again he could have been dispersed a la Stark. :) Who knows?
Farscape is giving out information and misinformation about Zhaan. they sure like to frell with our minds. I just wonder why Virginia is doing all those comic book conventions (not sure if any are Farscape per se) if she's not still involved or wants to be involved in coming back to Farscape.

AnaDFrat

Agent
Another questions, why is Stark so fascinated by Aeryn. He's practically leered at her several times in the last few eps.
Could it be he sees Zhaan in Aeryn? I'm just grasping here, probably.

Mark Wolverton

Stunt Coordinator
Boy do I feel dumb! Ana, I thought when you asked about revenging angel you were talking about Witchblade. Shows how much attention I pay to episode titles.
I kind of agree with David and the part about D'argo and the ship. I thought it was very strange that he would just throw away his sword. Especially in earlier episodes, he was extremely protective of it. It was supposed to be his warrior symbol or something. I can see how it would be a key for the Luxian ship, I'm OK with that. I just couldn't get over his rage and tossing his sword.
I would like to see Zhaan come back. Somebody mentioned something about possibly growing another one. I think that's a good concept as she is a plant.
Jool seems to be better at getting into trouble than anyone. I can see a good relationship developing between Chiana and Jool. A love, hate thing.
------------------
Mark W
"I like to watch."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks