What's new

Farscape Returns ???? (!!) (1 Viewer)

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Showtime gave up SG-1 (mistake), and killed one of their better Sci-Fi shows (Odyssey 5) with no resolution and without even airing all the eps that were shot.

There's a good chance that returning to Sci-Fi will end up being the option that is best for the franchise. If that ends up being the case, just be happy for the show and all the creators/actors/participants involved...if they aren't spiteful, should we be?

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I dont point the blame on anyone except Sci Fi. They have publicly said they didnt want the show and that they wanted something that fit more into the type of direction they were going in.

If Sci Fi couldnt "Economically Justify It" they they shouldnt have advertised it on their station and print ads saying it was renewed for a 5th season before the 4th season even started.

I dont see it Best for the franchise to go back to SCI FI considering most people have stopped watching the channel because of the way they handled the show but because their programing sucks.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it would be far better for the show to have a miniseries that directly follows the previous series, which ended in a cliffhanger, but to have the two entities as part of two completely different syndication packages so that no potential fans will likely see them on the same channel in the same time slot. That would be great for the show. In fact, every show should seek the same situation in order to guarantee their long-term success. :rolleyes

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
I believe syndication rights are held by Henson so it doesn't really matter what channel the new show is aired on.

As for me, I say screw syndication. Bring on the DVDs!

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
There's a good chance that returning to Sci-Fi will end up being the option that is best for the franchise.
I don't know if I could see that. Personally, my problem with Sci-Fi runs deeper than Farscape. Just a whole host of decisions that they have made over the years has really soured me on them.

Course, as long as it gets on TV in some form, it will be good. I also know that there will be more DVDs in the future.

Jason

Jon Torres

Second Unit
This is fantastic news. I can't believe I didn't hear about this till just a couple days ago. I don't really care for the SciFi channel anymore since they said there would be a 5th season then backed out after the 4th season ended w/o giving the writers time to finish it all up. As long as it eventually gets on DVD, that's fine with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks