Farscape question

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by KyleC, Dec 25, 2004.

1. KyleC

KyleC Supporting Actor

Ok, so I got $175 in Best buy gift cards. Should I get the original season releases or start with the Starburst edition? Which has better audio/visual. I'm interested in the best a/v over special features. Thanks.

2. Eric F

Eric F Screenwriter

AFAIK it's the same transfer, so if you don't care about the extras, go for whatever's cheaper.

3. Kevin Hewell

Kevin Hewell Cinematographer

I think you come out better/cheaper in the long run with the Starburst Editions. Plus, they have a lot of commentaries that aren't on the original discs.

4. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

Starburst Editions are cheaper and have more extras, the transfers are the same. but it will be a couple of years before all 12 volumes of the Starburst Edition are released, and the Starburst Editions are double-sided discs, the original releases are single-sided.

5. KyleC

KyleC Supporting Actor

I saw the Starburst edition at Best Buy for 12.99. I really wish they'd lower the season sets to compensate. $60 seems reasonable.

6. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    I think I am still really mad that I spent all that money a few years back collecting the show and now they are double dipping!

7. KyleC

KyleC Supporting Actor

I see Starburst season 1 collection 2 comes out in 2 weeks already. Maybe I'll just start buying these. I'm just worried with them being double sided that they'll scratch more easily.

8. KyleC

KyleC Supporting Actor

Is there a review up for the Starburst collection? Or even a compare and contrast.

9. Greg S

Greg S Supporting Actor

Just wanted to toss a comment in here:

You absolutely need to invest the time and $$ for this show it is so worth it!!

Here are some of my comments on this show as I just got into it recently and have no finished its 4 Season run and am awaiting PKW.

My first post -- http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=221330

Second and more important post -- http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=221735

On the second one be sure to read on down as I post more thoughts after I completed Season 4 last night. I tried to spoilerize everything so I hope I don't mess anyone up.

Get it and Stick with it the pay off is SUPERB!!

Greg

10. Nicodemus

Nicodemus Stunt Coordinator

I've been watching Farscape again (for the second time) from the start and I'm nearing the end of season 2 now. Still as great as ever. There a few very (even very, very) weak episodes in the beginning of the second season (and in the first season too) but it the big change comes when the story reaches Won't Get Fooled Again. Then Farscape becomes something truly big.

I watched The Ugly Truth today. Magnificent episode, brialliantly acted and written. Very funny.

11. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

I'm on the Starburst bandwagon, and since I'm not in position to do marathon sessions for season sets, the release pattern for the Starburst editions is fine with me. I have gotten through the 1st 4 episodes on volume 1, season 1, so I have the other side of the DVD to get through, and then it's bring on Volume 2 season 1!