What's new

Farscape: Peacekeeper Wars is approaching (2 Viewers)

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

Same thing happened to me. I just watched it a few night ago because I was on Vacation. I kept saying to myself, god, I wish the last two Star Wars movies were half as good as these 4 hours. Emotion, Great character moments and a hellva ending. Add to that that the ratings were decent made my return home a good one.
Now if they would just do the same for Angel, I could die happy.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Hey someone quoted me without ripping me apart! Thanks Mikel! We must be on the same wavelnght, cuz I was having the same thoughts about the Star Wars movies.

Part of the reason it works so well is that after all this time, we are really familiar with the characters and care what happens to them. Of course that didn't help so much with the last two Trek movies either! Although I enjoyed Nemesis more than most.

Y'know, now that some toime has passed. I'm really not that upset about Angel's ending. I mean they were never gonna give the guy total redemption. It was good goin out fighting the good fight. Besides, if it returned I guess it would have to be minus Wesley. I have a feeling his death
was added only when they knew they weren't comin' back.

Ric

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
Rex has a habit of coming into to threads and thread farting. It is a shame because underneath all of his long words and run on sentences seems to be a semblance of thought.

Unfortunately too much of it reeks of "I am smarter than you and I hate this so you are all idiots for watching this" which turns off most people.

I for one am sick of seeing thread after thread after thread ruined by him. One would think he would be sick of it as well unless he enjoys the troll aspect of it and if so, then shame on him and shame on us for reacting.

Andy

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Oh, I agree. I think he sometimes has some very good thoughts, and I certainly understand where he's comming from. The problem is in two parts: 1) What he wants isn't particularly realistic, mainly because we are talking about TV. He's asking for something on TV that really, we have never seen before. No show has really gone as deep into Sci-Fi as Rex would want. Nor do I think they will ever get the consistency that he'd want, because rules are always broken if it is the only way to get the plot to work.

The second part is, because of his high bar, I don't know if he can ever be happy with a TV sci-fi show. I mean, they all break his rules at some point.

I do understand some of his complaints and there is some validity in them (tho I don't agree with them.) But some of his others could be true of just about any TV sci-fi show.

Jason

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Rex,

I couldn't say that I "knew it", but I could say that I was aware of it. Given that awareness, I might be so inclined to overlook some of the characteristics or customs that I previously considered different or out-of-place, and accept it as a cultural or societal element that I could not fully understand. In Toronto there is several varieties of different cultures living together, and at times that is the exact perspective that one must take. Being a non-visible minority myself, I've been faced with questions regarding my religion and culture... not out of perceived ignorance or bigotry, but from the perspective of curiosity & understanding. That knowledge would then be used (I would hope) to better understand the environment in which we all live.

So why couldn't the fictional characters in Farscape behave in the same fashion? Is it too much to ask that they be accepting in certain "perceived flaws" in Chrighton, his human brethren, and their culture? We're talking about (fictional) advanced alien races who have long been in contact with other advanced alien races through the expanse of space. Off-world species inter-relations are probably not foreign to them, so a degree of leniency when it comes to cultural-uniques might be expected when dealing with a new or unknown species (like Humans).

Moe.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
this is the last post re: farscape. i'm still in the middle of trudging through it. just finished the ep where virginia hey left.

it's v. good but a big fantastic. i think it was the ep where crichton lept out of the exploding ship and held his breath IN space for what seemed like forever. that did it for me =).

meanwhile, the fx are awesome. the puppets can rival the human acting ;).

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Actually, after that episode I looked it up, and found out that that is actually possible to do what Crichtion did. The only issue I could find about being unprotected in space is radiation from a nearby star can roast you, but holding your breath and drifting briefly in space can be done.

I think our perceptions of how unprotected humans in space have been colored by bad SF movies. ;)

Jason

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
okay ya'll. i finally finished watching the entire thing. all 4 seasons every single ep+peacekeeper wars.

overall it was helluva frelling ride! =).

i didn't really like the disjointed nature of season4. i wished virginia hey returned for peacekeeper war! after she left, the series kinda floundered around. i never got that scorpius/harvey. thought it was a bit contrived. good thing i didn't have to endure the wait that fans did after s4 finale! lol. that was a terrible way to go out assuming that they had a chance cooming back for s5.

peacekeeper wars was good but it focus 2much on action instead of character send-offs. i'd love to finally see all of the homeworlds of the original cast AT LEAST! for example, hyneria. i'd love to see 600 BILLION subjects. or chiana's story thread. there's a lot of loose threads. it ended crichton&aerun's thread but not the rest.

anyway, are there good bonus materials on the DVDs? should i rent 'em?

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Bring back an old thread with a great bit of news I saw this morning! :D

Farscape Revived On SCIFI.COM

htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i read about it but i thought peacekeeper wars finished everything off? didn't it?

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

It doesn't mean you can't tell other stories in that world.

It is going to be interesting to see what characters will be in this series.

Jason

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Online only!? Yea, i smell a Direct to DVD also. Why do i think it will have a budget of 98 cents? I dunno, if its not good enough to bring back right, dont do it. IMO of course, cause i could be wrong, but i dont think so.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I'm always a little leery of these types of thing also but on a positive note it is being produced by Henson and company so you would think he would want to keep the production value as good as possible.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Actually, some people were of the opinion that The Peacekeeper Wars did leave open the ultimate fates of D'argo and Sikozu ...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Green Mountaineer
Recent bookmarks