What's new

Farscape: Peacekeeper Wars is approaching (1 Viewer)

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt

Thanks. I'll catch it tonight.

BTW, I haven't watched Farscape before except for an episode here and there. Will I have any trouble following the story? Is the miniseries self-contained, does it continue where the series left off, or a combination of both?

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Over all I really enjoyed the mini although I was a little disappointed with two things.Ka D'Argo dieing and Sikozu turning out to be a Scarran spy.

Duane R

Second Unit
Just a short review for now, but I thoroughly enjoyed the mini. It pretty well wrapped up the storylines, yet left it open for new avenues to be pursued if the opportunity presents itself. It was sad to see Jool and D'Argo die
, but if everything ended nice and neat without loss or consequence, it just wouldn't be Farscape. The Eidolons hinted that Peacekeepers were originally from Earth
, which was also pretty cool. One unanswered thing that comes to mind is how did Grayza return to her position, and who's the Daddy?

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Sikozu was last seen alive, on the planet with D'Argo.

The doctor was never confirmed dead.

And D'Argo "dies" off screen.

I think there's a chance he'll be back.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
There's always a chance he'll be back since it's Farscape, but this one would be very tricky since the planet was destroyed by the weapon.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Well, they'd have to be on a ship, which would then leave (like Jothi's) before it was too late.

I'm fine with it if they leave him dead. It makes the sacrifice more meaningful. But I wouldn't make a bold prediction either way.

Lee Jamilkowski

Stunt Coordinator
I just think it would be weird if Rocke O'Bannon, who co-wrote the miniseries and created the show, just totally ignored the short story he wrote that was published in the final issue of the official Farscape magazine. Based on the ending of the miniseries, if he indeed is not ignoring the short story, that means that at some point:

D'Argo is resurrected/saved/whatever

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
There certainly is a chance that Ka D'Argo could actually be alive since we actually never really see him dead.

As Michael mentioned Sikozu was a live and she along with Gruzlick (or how ever you spell it) could have gotten to an abandoned ship and made it off the planet with D'Argo in tow.

As I wrote earlier I really liked the mini although I was disappointed in Sikozu turning out to be a spy.

It just didn't seem to fit that she would help the Scarrans.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

To be honest, that scene with Gruzlick finding Sikozu really doesn't have a point, if they weren't intending to have that link for the future. I also think it is very possible that Ka D'Argo could have survived, tho how, I have no idea. (Other than the offhanded comment Scorpius made, he was the only one who knew that she was the traitor, right?)

There were a lot of things about this mini that I think would have been stronger if it had been spread out over a season. Basically, I felt like I got Season 5 highly compressed into 4 hours. Nice, but probably would have been nicer if it was spread out a bit more.

Jason

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Toward the end of Season 3, Scorpius locates Earth and says it's 60 cycles (years) away at top speed even without wormholes which leads me to believe they are in the same galaxy.

The head Priest Eidelon didn't actually come out and say it but it was strongly hinted that the Eidelons brought the descendents of the Peacekeepers from Earth. He did say that they were modified to suit the Eidelons' needs.

It's also been strongly hinted at throughout the series that there is a connection between Sebaceans and Humans.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Wow. My head is still reeling (Just watched both parts, so I'm a little late to the party). It was one helluva roller-coaster ride and a fitting end to the series. There were parts where I had tears in my eyes. You can nit-pick all you want, I think it was just about perfect and worth the year and a half wait. Granted an entire fifth season would have been great, but this thing was absolutely epic.

Can you tell I liked it?

Ric

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Fantastic mini series - they stayed true to the storylines & characters, and managed to resolve things without sacrificing too much for the sake of brevity.

I was really saddened by the deaths of Jool & D'Argo
, but you've gotta respect the writers for the risks they took.

I'm going to agree with the perspective taken by the majority of the people here, given that we never saw D'Argo die onscreen, and that Sikozu & Mr. Crusty were still alive, it's quite possible that we'll see them all return.

The writers, of course, can save that all for the NEXT mini-series, assuming that the ratings for FS:PKWars are high enough, and the DVD sales do well. :D

(I know that this just aired, but any ideas on when we'll see the mini on DVD?)

Moe.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I think it's fairly safe to say that Peacekeepers are originally from Earth.

They have put hints out there all through the series and again in the mini.

Remember when they first found the Eidelon temple Crichton also found an object which had an Earth symbol and a Peacekeeper symbol on it. During that episode Grayza mentioned that their pasts maybe linked.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
I just watched the two parts straight through. It was very good but I thought them leaving the temple and just blasting everyone away, gun in each hand, was a bit over the top. I love the movie and TV references. There were two direct and great references to Dr. Strangelove, plus 2001, crash test dummies, etc.

You could definitely tell there was more money for production values. It looked and felt more like a movie from a TV show than simple a TV mini-series. This was not always a good thing with the Chiana(sp?) and Sikozu fight. Since when could they hop around like CGI Spiderman from Spidey 1?

Chuck Anstey

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks