What's new

Farscape: Peacekeeper Wars is approaching (1 Viewer)

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I am very excited. Anyone else???

The trailers up today....

http://www.apple.com/trailers/indepe...pe/medium.html

Sci Fi have released their October schedules, which includes the premiere of the upcoming mini-series, Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars.

As previously mentioned, Sci Fi will get ready for the premiere of the mini-series by running all 88 episodes of Farscape (in order, from the beginning), weekdays from 8am to 4pm beginning Friday, October 1, running through Friday, October 15.

Then on Sunday, October 17 at 9pm on Sci Fi it all begins, with the airing of Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars - Part 1, which will air in letterbox widescreen, as the fourth season did on Sci Fi. The first part of the mini-series will run again at 11pm at 1am that same day (6 hours of Farscape!).

On Monday, October 18 at 9pm on Sci Fi it's the premiere of Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars - Part 2, the conclusion to the mini-series. Prior to its airing, the first part of the mini-series will have an encore presentation at 7pm. Like the first part, Part 2 will be rerun at 11pm and 1am. There will also be an encore presentation of Part 2 at 7pm on Tuesday, October 19.

The entire mini-series will then be rerun on Sunday, October 24 from 3pm.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
After watching the second trailer October seems so far away!

Hopefully the trailers will make it onto the DVD.

Nicodemus

Stunt Coordinator
I thought the trailer was magnificent although it contained some quite large spoilers if you watch it carefully (and about 10+ times in 20 minutes as I did - ok, I'm kidding but not much).

But yes, the anticipation is killing me, the mini looks HUGE. How many weeks until it hits the air? 7? 8?

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
The anticipation is driving me nuts too! I also really wish SciFi had an HD channel, it's going to be tough watching this with bars on all sides! The DVD will be great though, I've read at Watch Farscape.com that Lions Gate is producing it instead of ADV.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Unfortunately I will be on vacation but will be tivo-ing for sure.

Wonder if Zaahn might make a surprise visit.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
I watched the trailer and I can't wait to see the mini-series. Considering I never saw an episode of "Farscape" that is saying something. I guess I'll have to set my PVR to record the marathon screening on SCI FI to see what all the fuss is about.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

Glad to hear they will be some newbies sampling it. I would watch some episodes before hand though. It might give you some back history that will enrich your experience.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
So when is it coming out on DVD? For this once I almost regret not having TV to watch this.

Any chances of them going back to full seasons? And why can't the just go straight to DVD -- does that much of the money come from FX versus DVD sales?

(I understand that a NEW show going straight to DVD wouldn't make sense, but an established one with a rabid fan base?)

Ted

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, figure each episode of Farscape costs a million dollars to produce, probably closer to $1.4M. So say $30M for a full 22-episode season.

So, how many people buy the average Farscape DVD release? Even if it's a million (and it's probably half that), that's $30 that Henson/Hallmark would need to get from each DVD. Work in the middlemen, and you're probably looking at an $75 retail price on what is essentially a blind buy. I don't see that working.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
It finally showed up so I could program my tivo to record but it just says, Farscape:Peacekeeper Wars. It doesnt say, part 1 or part 2 so I seasoned passed it in hope that it will record both parts.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Same time as the Boston Fantastic Film Festival and American League Championship Series. Someone doesn't want me sleeping at all next week.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
I'm very excited about this! I found a couple of reviews which are very favorable. Not too spoilery so I think it should be safe for those who worry about that.

First one is from the NY Daily News.

Second one is from the Boston Herald.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Nah, it's been moved to seven - Fox also has the 1pm Pats game, and they figured there's no good reason to have them overlap.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks