What's new

Farscape on DVD question (1 Viewer)

KyleC

Supporting Actor
I have seen the show before and loved it. I rented the first disc of Season 1 from netflix to get an idea of how it looks/sounds on DVD, and I have to say I was amazed. It is hands down one of THE best looking TV shows on DVD.

My only question is were the early seasons ever shot in widescreen? If they were is there plans to do a reissue (maybe when the mini series comes)?

It being in fullscreen will not stop me at all from buying the seasons, because I think they look great. The extra features/commentaries are very nice too.

KyleC

Supporting Actor
I have seen the show before and loved it. I rented the first disc of Season 1 from netflix to get an idea of how it looks/sounds on DVD, and I have to say I was amazed. It is hands down one of THE best looking TV shows on DVD.

My only question is were the early seasons ever shot in widescreen? If they were is there plans to do a reissue (maybe when the mini series comes)?

It being in fullscreen will not stop me at all from buying the seasons, because I think they look great. The extra features/commentaries are very nice too.

Steven.W.T

Stunt Coordinator
No, they were not shot in widescreen. They only started shooting in widescreen in season 4.

If you want to buy them buy them now! Deepdiscountdvd.com has them for 89.99, with the 20% coupon thats 71.99 for each set!

Type in code DEEPDISCOUNT on checkout.

Season 3 boxed set comes out in August btw.

Steven.W.T

Stunt Coordinator
No, they were not shot in widescreen. They only started shooting in widescreen in season 4.

If you want to buy them buy them now! Deepdiscountdvd.com has them for 89.99, with the 20% coupon thats 71.99 for each set!

Type in code DEEPDISCOUNT on checkout.

Season 3 boxed set comes out in August btw.

Eric F

Screenwriter
News to me. Thanks for pointing that out. Some guy on eBay is selling S3 as a group for $80, but I guess I'll wait for the box now.

Eric F

Screenwriter
News to me. Thanks for pointing that out. Some guy on eBay is selling S3 as a group for $80, but I guess I'll wait for the box now.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
It would be nice if ADV would make the boxes available to those who bought them seperately. I have the S1/S2 sets but couldn't wait for S3/S4 to come out, so i have the seperate releases for those. I just need 4.5 next month to complete the collection. Then bring on the Mini-Series!!!

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
It would be nice if ADV would make the boxes available to those who bought them seperately. I have the S1/S2 sets but couldn't wait for S3/S4 to come out, so i have the seperate releases for those. I just need 4.5 next month to complete the collection. Then bring on the Mini-Series!!!

Eric F

Screenwriter
Send them an email and ask.

I just got ADV to send me a replacement case (free) for my Southern Cross DVD set as my old one fell apart.

They shipped it UPS.

Eric F

Screenwriter
Send them an email and ask.

I just got ADV to send me a replacement case (free) for my Southern Cross DVD set as my old one fell apart.

They shipped it UPS.

Terry St

Second Unit
If you're region-free/PAL-capable you can buy Farscape season sets from Australia. Season 3 has been out for quite some time now. After currency conversion the sets there are actually fairly cheap too, even after shipping. I haven't seen a release date for Season 4 unfortunately.

Terry St

Second Unit
If you're region-free/PAL-capable you can buy Farscape season sets from Australia. Season 3 has been out for quite some time now. After currency conversion the sets there are actually fairly cheap too, even after shipping. I haven't seen a release date for Season 4 unfortunately.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Terry or anyone else, where can I get region 2 (PAL) boxed sets of Farscape? I live in Canada, and just got myself a Momitsu DVI region-free player, and would love to see this on my (still-in-transit) Benq 8700+. :D

Nicodemus

Stunt Coordinator

I asked about it from the Australian publisher about six months ago and their answer was "towards the end of 2004". Maybe I should ask them again if they the release schedule set for it - and maybe for the mini too?

Terry St

Second Unit
I've been getting mine here. So far, no complaints. I did just look at the exchange rates though... Yikes! The Aussie dollar has really shot up lately. It's going to cost a lot more to order anything from Australia now. If you can wait for the R1 release (or better exchange rates) it'll probably be cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks