What's new

Farscape New Ep 4.12: Kansas (1 Viewer)

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Farscape's back with a bang! I am *so* relieved that this is not simply an "average" episode (=better than anything Enterprise can ever hope to pull off), but a very good one, and (I would think) also quite accessible to new viewers.
Ep 4.12 ("Kansas") just aired here in the UK, and reinforces the stupidity of SFC's cancellation decision. Hopefully ratings will be up in the US now, because it would be nothing short of a disaster if the most imaginative, unpredictable, and interesting science-fiction series out there (IMHO) should be cut off in its prime.
Mild spoilers follow...
Some of the funniest gags are in this episode - watch out for Rygel's addiction, and the crew's reaction to 80's TV...
Claudia Black looks stunning as "Cher". Chyana has some fun with "young" JC.
The episode itself plays like one of the better editions of Quantum Leap, centred around John's Dad and the Challenger Disaster (and who here doesn't remember that terrible day?). Meanwhile, Scorpius confronts Braca, and the Servalan character (whose name escapes me) lays a trap for John, which he may or may not have stepped into at the end...

AdamM

Grip
As much as I hate it Sci-Fi killed this show. I don't think that any amount of begging is going to get it back. All the other networks that should be picking it up are not. It has to be a worse decision then canceling the first Star Trek series. Once Farscape is done I'm through with the Sci-Fi channel.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Once Farscape is done I'm through with the Sci-Fi channel
Agreed. I did not watch "Taken" because I am still so furious at the Sci-Fi channel. Maybe I will give it a shot on DVD if it comes out. Was it any good?

When do the new Farscape episodes start in the US?

Ric

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks