What's new

Farscape - is there a complete SEASON ONE set coming? (1 Viewer)

Greg Robinson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Greg R
Here's a better price and a photo too:
DeepDiscountDVD
Again, sorry if I missed another thread announcing this.
How is it they can sell "24" for $40 and "Farscape" is $100? I thought the fan base on the show was huge - shouldn't they be expecting good volume?

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Its pretty simple actually. 24 is a network based show owned by the company that shows it on tv and releases it on dvd. Farscape is owned by a few companies but ADV filsm bought the rights to release it on dvd, plus it is a cable show with a limited audience. So its more expensive

capt

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
How is it they can sell "24" for $40 and "Farscape" is $100? I thought the fan base on the show was huge - shouldn't they be expecting good volume?
Fox can sell "24" at $59.95 because they own it outright AND are a gigantic studio.

There are about 5-7 hands in the pie before ADV sees dime one from Farscape. Hallmark, Henson, CultTV, Aussie licensor, Sci-Fi Channel etc THEN ADV. ADV is a huge anime company, but as studios go, Artisan makes them look puny in many ways

All that, and the fact that they've had the single discs out for over a year, and are already 3 sets into Season 2

Greg Robinson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Greg R
OK yeah, but besides all that. ;)
Thanks for the info guys. Is it worth getting? I still haven't seen one episode in its entirety.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Yes Farscape is worth getting. One of the best sci-fi shows ever. I got into it because of dvd and im not dissapointed. Just pissed Sci-Fi cancelled the show on short notice

capt

Greg Robinson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Greg R
I love sci-fi so I'll probably pick it up. Maybe after christmas though - too much to buy before then! :) I loved the original Trek series and Next Gen, but never much cared for Voyager or DS9. Still haven't seen Babylon5 but I'm told I'll like that too. Thanks everyone.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I also saw it down at the BEST electronics store in Orlando. I BUY lots of my stuff there ;)
Seemed a little pricey for the number of discs (it was around $110)... you could probably do better online.
For instance:
DeepDiscountDVD.com (w/free shipping)... $89.99
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks