What's new

Farscape - Into the Lion's Den (1 Viewer)

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Not sure if this has been shown in the US yet, so i will be careful with what I say, but the first episode of this 2 parter is great. Different from season's 2 final 3 in that this episode is less action-orientated (though I have a feeling that is to come) and more about building up tension.

It is interesting to see how precarious Scorpius's position really is with Peacekeeper Command, and we finally learn that they are only 60 cycles from Earth. Having said that, I think it is obvious from the new title sequence that they have been suggesting a potential threat to Earth, and I somewhat suspect that they may end up there by the finale, but I guess we will have to wait and see. They also introduce a whole load of new plot threads for each of the characters, especially for Rygel (information about the position on his home planet) and D'Argo ( about his wife), which no doubt will carry over to the next season

Cant wait for the next part, and it will be interesting to see if they top the end to Season 2

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
For whatever reason, we don't get these last season 3 eps stateside until April.

We do, however, get most of the upcoming season 4 episodes before you do.

Beats me as to why they do this.

Anyhow, thanks for the spoiler tags....let's keep this up.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
This happened last year with Season 2 as well

I have no idea why the BBC get to run it first, though over here imported TV series tend to run in 22 consecutive weeks (barring some sports event)- that's why Buffy/Angel etc don't start here until January apparently. They usually time it so that the last episodes of the series are aired shortly after the US. I don't know how Farscape works, but I am glad I don't have to wait until April

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Into the Lion's Den Part 2

Yet again, Farscape manages to surprise you, and you can tell that the show is always on its toes. In one crucial and amazing episode they manage to completely change the emphasis of the show and with one episode to go, I am curious to see where they are going to take this.

The sacrficie and death of Talyn and Crais as well as Scoripus death all in one show has effectively closed off the storylines of the first 3 seasons - I would guess the emphasis is now going to be on the Scarrans, and each of the characters' personal objectives, but with Farscape you can never tell.

Can't wait for the finale next week though how they will top Season 2 I don't know

Berk

Stunt Coordinator
I would think it much easier for the HTF administrators to add the word "spoiler" to the post title rather than editing the post itself. This would allow for the original post to exist in its entirety. Incidentally, this would also add value to the HTF as more posts would exist instead of a percentage of them being "blacked out."

Jacob Perry

Stunt Coordinator
Well heres my short and spoiler free review of episode 3-21.

Best Episode Ever! I'm not one that touts that after every episode either.

To Simon and others that have seen it:

Do you think Crais, Talyn or Scorpy will be back? These damn scifi shows you never know. I think it was a great exit for all of them. What an emotional episode. Lani Tupi did an incredible job.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Jacob

I doubt Crais and Talyn will be back - it seemed pretty final to me. Lani will still be working on the show though so you never know.

Scorpius however is a possibility. However, most TV shows keep their villains for far too long, such as the Cigarette Smoking Man on the X Files, and the producers of Farscape seem keen to keep the format and story of Farscape completely unpredictable, and just that little bit different. They probably learned from other series, and felt that killing the main villain while he is still at his peak, is far more effective than keeping him around for several seasons, by which time no-one will care.

I agree 3.21 was brilliant - Lani Tupu was great, but for me the standout was, yet again, Claudia Black, and her experiences at being on a Peacekeeper ship again.

Looking forward to the final episode on Thursday - Dog with Two Bones.

Jacob Perry

Stunt Coordinator
I could not agree more with you on dragging out the villian in most series. Besides we still have Harvey. Still Scorpy did tell Braca to "come with me," so maybe he had something in mind.

Another thing I loved was D'Argo finding out the location of Makton. I can't wait for that confrontation.

I can't imagine what they have in store for the Season Finale!

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Hey Jacob - what do you think of the finale ?
Having seen it I am not so sure about Scorpius anymore, especially with what Rygel says "Scorpius doesn't have a shuip"
I also think they are going to take the format of Season 3 even further with Season 4, by concentrating on individual crew members for a few episodes as they have now all split up, and then somehow getting most or all of them back together again near the end.
Probably help keep the cast in a good mood because they may get breaks during the filming :)

Jacob Perry

Stunt Coordinator
Well I finally saw the finale tonight (my friend was having serious technical difficulties)

I would have to say that it delivered. I feel a little let down but I think thats because 3-21 was so good, it was really a tough act to follow.

The John - Aeryn talk at the end was incredible. Ben and Claudia really know what they are doing.

I didn't think that the flashback scenes to Earth worked all that well. I also don't like how the entire crew left Moya. After she just lost Talyn, then they all abandon her? Jool, the newest arrival, is the only one to stay?

One thing is for sure. Season 4 is going to be frellin crazy!

Users who are viewing this thread