Farscape dvd questions???

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by todd s, Jun 16, 2006.

1. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

A friend of mine wants to take advantage of the DDD dvd sale. He needs Farscape seasons 3 & 4. He was going to get the season sets. But, wanted to know what the Starburst editions are and should he get those individually instead.

Thanks!

2. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    The Starburst editions are much cheaper and have lots more special features. I am not certain, but they may even have improved A/V quality. However, the first several sets are on DVD-18s that some people have had problems with. (The newer ones are on DVD-9s.)

3. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Thanks.

4. Joseph Bolus

Joseph Bolus Cinematographer

I just viewed "Crichton Kicks", the first episode of the Season 4 - Volume 1 "Starburst" Edition (this is the first "Starburst" edition with 16:9 anamorphic Widescreen transfers) and the video *does* seem better than the Season 4 complete box transfers that were out several years ago.

5. Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge Cinematographer

Price is going to be a fasctor. If youo buy the Season collections, all they are is collected volumes of the single releases and they just put them in a bonus pack. Season 4 just contains the original release of volumes 4.1, through 4.5. They are not repackaged as your typical boxed sets.

The Starburst editions are cheaper to buy and contain all 22 episodes on three dvd sets instead of the previously five sets per season.