What's new

Farscape Canceled (1 Viewer)

SpenceJT

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Spencer
I've signed every Farscape petition available at http://www.PetitionOnline.com (search Farscape).
Does anyone know of any others?
The rumors give hope, but until I read an official release from Henson or Sci-Fi Channel stating that an agreement has been reached (or that it is in fact, "over"), I intend to send out a letter a day.
Keep it up guys! They are listening!
Regards,
Spence

Craig P

Stunt Coordinator
Oops, I saw that there had been a fraudulent DK in there, but hadn't realized that the rumor of a proposed two hour wrap-up had come from the imposter.

Joseph Howard

Stunt Coordinator
:angry: :angry: :angry: You've got to be frelling kidding me! :angry: :angry: :angry:
It's the ONLY show I MUST watch each week. I thought they
just got resigned for another couple years? ....damn.
Good by SciFi! What's left....nuthin.
Dr. Joe

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
Here is news from the front:
---
Here's An Interesting Rumor:
Word is circulating that UPN is considering picking up Sci Fi's not renewed Farscape for the 2003-04 season. Considering that the aging Buffy could be heading into its last season, this is not necessarily a bad idea.
---
You can read more about this and other news at http://farscape.wdsection.com/
Showtime is considering picking the show up as well.
There are now 25,040 Signatures at ipetitions.
Crackers DO Matter!

Brian Ford

Stunt Coordinator
One aspect out of all of this is the coverage the fans are just creating themselves. While CNN/BBC are covering the news as well, the fans created ads in the Sydney Daily Telegraph and today's Variety. Not to mention the fund that has pledged over $60,000 so far.

Unique.

Tom Rhea

Second Unit
Well, Sci Fi has actually saved me money. Just about the only shows I watch anymore are Farscape and the Simpsons, and I can get the Simpsons with rabbit ears.

I'm content to wait for the dvds of the unaired episodes, and any wrap up movie.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
This is a very humorous (but respectful) parody of the whole situation:
http://www.tachyon-tv.co.uk/news.htm
The funny thing is that Tachyon is usually nothing but vitriolic towards the shows it spoofs (see archived releases, esp. with regard to JMS material ;) ), but I guess they must really like Farscape a lot. Good for them! :emoji_thumbsup:
What do you people think - could Farscape survive as a direct-to-DVD series? i.e. they get pledges from fans for a season subscription ($x per month), and if enough fans subscribe, the season is made, with DVDs sent to fans directly. After a year or so they can broadcast eps on UPN or wherever wants to buy 'em at a reduced rate. Could work?

Alan Benson

Stunt Coordinator
One of the themes of the moment for emails, phone calls and direct action is an "I Am Farscape" campaign, basically an extension of the "I Am SciFi" campaign of the past few years...
They're using the same basic graphics as the Wanted posters, and trying to make the demographic data seem more personal. I think it's a great marketing idea, personally....
I Am Farscape Campaign

Mike St.Louis

Supporting Actor
I just caught a blurb on CNN that Ben Browder will be on Headline News Tuesday night. He will talk about the cancellation and about the internet campaign to save Farscape.

I didn't catch the exact time it will be on unfortuantely.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks