What's new

"Farscape" - a question (1 Viewer)

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
That's odd. I just did another search and came up with this other website that lists the episodes in the order they were originally aired and it coincides with the numbering scheme that Netflix is using.

But I guess I'll go with Farscape.com. I mean, that is the official website isn't it?

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Strange, I didn't watch season 1 went it aired, so I don't know that order.
the only thing I can think of is that they are being presented in production order? I don't remember any scapers pitching a fit about out of order episodes during the initial dvd release.
very strange indeed....

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Looks like it, according to the list on Farscape World. It looks like Netflix list is the broadcast order.

It doesn't matter much, since it really only affects the first half of the season, and they are basically all standalone episodes.

BTW, they don't do the same for second season, since "Mind The Baby" is the first episode of the season on the DVDs, not "Dream A Little Dream" (Which was intended originally as the season opener, and was later made into a flashback episode).

Jason

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
About the closed captioning - it works for me on some first season discs and on others it doesn't. They are all listed as having it, though. On a number of discs, the second episode also has problems playing for me (various times the picture freezes and in some cases it jumps back to the main menu).

Neil

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Character interaction makes a little more sense if the first half of the first season is watched in production order (like they are on the DVDs).

"Dream a Little Dream" (original title "Re:Union") was originally going to be the opener of S2 but the suits at SciFi didn't think it would make a good opener and the producers shot another opener ("Mind the Baby") and the teaser and tag scenes were reshot for "Re:Union" and the ep was retitled "Dream a Little Dream" and shown later in the season as a flashback episode.

If you're renting the discs from Netflix, you might want to keep an eye out for the end of S2. The first disc of 2.5 contains eps 18 and 22 (the season finale). This was done to keep the "Liars, Guns and Money" three parter on the same disc. The three parter needs to be watched before the season finale so you might want to rent those two discs together.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Probably for the best too, since "Mind The Baby" makes for a better opener, even with the question of what happened to Moya and the crew during that time. "Dream a Little Dream" is a bit weak.

Jason

Nicodemus

Stunt Coordinator

I disagree. While it's not as strong as Mind The Baby, I still think it would've made a great opening to the second season leaving the season one cliffhanger hanging in the air. There's far worse episodes in season two - Taking The Stone and Vitas Mortis (probably the worst episode in Farscape's history) comes to mind.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member

Do the teaser and tag scenes give away anything else that happens in the season so far?

Do we lose anything by watching it or not watching "Dream a Little Dream" first?

Thanks,

Neil

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I didn't say "Dream a Little Dream" was a bad episode, just that it would have been weak as a season opener, particularly since the more interesting stuff was happening around the Gammick base.

(Now I need to look up those episodes to see if I can agree with you. :D )

Not really, either way. The only thing is that you wonder where Moya was the whole time. What happens in "Dream a Little Dream" doesn't really effect the episodes much before it. (Tho I do think there was something that affected Zhaan in some way, I think..)

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks