Farscape 8/23

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Daniel Kikin, Aug 24, 2002.

1. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

Decent episode, great ending. It's going to be a long wait till January!

According to SciFi.com, the name of the next new episdoe is "Kansas", and the description makes it sound like coming home might not have been such a great idea.

2. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

Those dorks at Sci-Fi Channel couldn't get the episode started on time, so it didn't end on time, and my TiVo stopped recording just a few seconds after...

John came out of the wormhole, Moya wasn't there, but instead he was floating above Earth.

Did I miss anything after that? Did he say anything profound?

Is it just me or was this episode disconnected from the previous episodes in this batch? I guess it would have to be since it was strictly a Crichton storyline, but this episode felt like it just picked up immediately after the earlier episode where Crichton was able to predict the opening of a wormhole, as if the intervening episodes never happened. The only clues otherwise are two very brief dialogs, one involving Scorpius and the redhead (I'm no good with names of newcomers especially when they have wierd names) and the other where Pilot refers to filters installed on Moya in the previous episode. And the first dialog with Scorpius and the redhead could have happened in any of these episodes.

And I'm tired of the cliffhangers. It isn't necessary to get me to watch when new episodes return.

3. Daniel Kikin

I always have my VCR record a few minutes late with SciFi. You missed one thing Wayne:

Crichton smiles and says "Whoops" followed by To Be Continued

This season has been much more about standalone episdoes than plot advancement until now, which is why "Unrealized Reality felt disconnected from the last few weeks. I thought this episode dragged a little and seemed a bit repetitive at times, kind of like they needed some filler until the ending. Also, this is the third cliffhanger that had John floating in space too.

I also agree that I don't need cliffhangers before every hiatus to keep me watching. I do remember reading that David Kemper said he bases the structure of each season on SciFi's schedule, so you can expect a cliffhanger before every hiatus whether it's the season finale or not (This one came at the half-way point of the season).

4. Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson Cinematographer

5. Wayne W

Wayne W Stunt Coordinator

I liked the stand alone episodes (but I'm new to Farscape and still haven't seen most of S2 & S3). There is a good breakdown of the last episode in a thread in the SF-Fandom Farscape forum:
    http://www.sf-fandom.com/vbulletin/s...threadid=29757
    It is a great forum for anyone who loves Farscape.

6. Daniel Kikin

Thanks for the link Wayne. Also, don't forget to read the Journey Logs for each episode on SciFi.com's Farscape website. They're always good at filling in the gaps and explaining any confusion that comes with each episode.