Farscape 3/7: Hot to Katratzi

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Duane R, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Duane R

Duane R Second Unit

I didn't think it was possible to raise the stakes any further, but they pulled it off. We now know that Scorpy is a Scarran spy, and Sikozu is some sort of rebel. It was pretty slick of John to use that "low-tech" fission bomb to keep everybody in check. I already have episode 21 (La Bomba) burned to VCD and will likely have ep 22 on Monday night, but I must resist watching it... I definitely give this episode a solid 9, and I expect La Bomba to equal or better this one.

2. Paul E. Fox II

Paul E. Fox II Second Unit

Yeah...what an episode.

Now, could someone please explain to me all the Scarrans physical differences? Some of them have necks like giraffes...man I'm confused.

The more I watch this final season, the more I lament NOT watching the show from the beginning!

3. Jon Torres

Jon Torres Second Unit

Another great episode. If Scorpius was a scarran spy, why did the Emperor let that minister lady scarran torture him? Sikozu as a rebel. She said that she was a biloid which is the same as that robot the fake Aeryn was right? At least she hasn't betrayed the farscape crew.

I don't believe they ever explained why some scarrans look different.

Why is it that Scorpius betrayed Crichton at the end? He said he'd let him know what the truth was. Who cares about the truth if you're dead. I think the plan would have worked if Scorpius didn't screw it up. Maybe Scorpius is really working for the peacekeepers, but playing a spy for the scarrans. It'll be exciting to find out next week.

4. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

5. Brian Kaz

Brian Kaz Second Unit

Excellent episode. However...

The more twists and turns the story and characters take, the worse it's going to be when the show comes to it's unresolved end. Damn SciFI Channel [​IMG]

6. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

Repeats starting on March 31st at midnight (but do they mean Sunday night or Monday night?) beginning with the 1st season, but they are also repeating the 4th season at 5am on Friday mornings beginning April 4th. If you're watching for the first time then be careful not to get the seasons mixed up.

7. Brian Kaz

Brian Kaz Second Unit

Wow, Midnight and 5am repeats.

They really do care. [​IMG]

8. Thomas D

Thomas D Stunt Coordinator

Wow. Good show. It's the first Farscape episode I've seen since, oh, early third season. Why did I watch this one? Because I just stumbled across it. Damn Sci-Fi for thier asinine "we'll show new episodes whenever the real networks aren't showing new episodes" programming schedule that makes it impossible to follow any of their shows.

9. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

Earlier this season in "I Shrink Therefore I Am", it was mentioned that the Scarrran in that episode was from the ruling class and he had a regular neck. As far as the ones with the giraffe necks, that hasn't been explained yet.

10. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

I liked the show but I didn't like the Scorpy as Scarran spy twist. It just came too far out of left field and it goes against everything we've known about Scorpy since the beginning. It smacked of being mightily convenient. Maybe it's another double-double-cross but still, it didn't work for me - it really pulled me out of the episode.

11. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

12. Duane R

Duane R Second Unit

One of the better lines was from Crichton while being interrogated by the Scarran about how they gained access by elevator to the "flower chamber"
    "We got on, and then we got off...Well, we tried to get off"

13. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean

14. Paul E. Fox II

I've asked this before but is the Complete Season 2 DVD Boxset (R1) available for order yet? I can't seem to find it anywhere so if it's even a pre-order, could someone post me a link or tell me where to find it?

15. Daniel Kikin

Paul, there hasn't been an announcement yet for a Season 2 box set in R1, which is probably why you can't find it. [​IMG]

16. Duane R

Duane R Second Unit

I saw a post from an ADV rep on a farscape board that there were no plans in the works for a complete S2 box set at this time.

17. Daniel Kikin

I saw the same or a similar post, but they said the same thing with Season One and then changed their minds so it could happen eventually, just don't rely on it right now.

18. Paul E. Fox II

Oh holy crap...now I'm in trouble!

I want to buy the season boxsets, even at the ST:TNG prices, but I can't and won't get the single discs. That just gets TOO damn expensive.

19. MikeMcNertney

MikeMcNertney Stunt Coordinator

Actually Paul, the way the season 2 DVDs are priced it isn't that much more than the season 1 box set. There are 5 volumes for season 2 (4-5 episodes each) and they run about $20-30 each... look around online and you can get pretty good prices on them.

20. Paul E. Fox II

Mike,

I've been seeing the Season 2 sets, but was unaware that there were only five of them...does that complete the season?

Yes, you are correct...that wouldn't be so bad.