Farscape - 24Jan2003

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by SpenceJT, Jan 24, 2003.

1. SpenceJT

SpenceJT Second Unit

Jeff Spencer
    With the series winding down, I'm making a thread to kick up discussion of the episode, and remind those who have not yet seen the show, to check out tonight's episode airing at 7:00 p.m. (CST) on SCI-FI Channel.

From what I've seen of the previews, it looks like Chiana and Aeryn get some (ahem) quality time with each other. Farscape isn't a show that "teases" only to come up short, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if we see some "full on" lip-lock action! [​IMG]

Regards,
    Spence

2. Ron McBadger

Ron McBadger Stunt Coordinator

Turn about fair play since both have physical knowledge of JC.

The one thing that kills me is that there are probably more than another year or two of stories that could be written in the Farscape universe. Just think of some of these plot lines that will never be tied up.

JC could be involved in overthrowing the peace keepers, scarrans or the other bad guy types and he could also be involved in getting Rygel back on his thrown, freeing Chi's people from the mind control freaks, and getting DArgo back to his people...not to mention leading Earth out of the stoneage.

3. Joel C

Joel C Screenwriter

The producers have said that if the show does end they will find a way to get their unused storylines out to the fans.

Meanwhile, I have been following the show on DVD and I love it. Can't believe stupid Neilsens are getting this show cancelled. Ratings for cable are nowhere near as reliable as ratings for the networks.

4. SpenceJT

SpenceJT Second Unit

Jeff Spencer
    Another good episode! I loved that whole scene with Chiana and the alien woman.

did I see TONGUE!? You don't see many shows on TV with hand on breast, girl on girl sensuality! [​IMG]

And Scorpius has a new gizmo for his cooling rods! Nice effect. It is also nice to see a Scorpy as villian arch come back into the fray.
    I loved the way that John got around to getting back with Aeryn by faking the arguement while the coms were active.

It looks like next week's episode is going to be another good one, highlighting the story of D'Argo's wife, and his quest to find her killer.

Farscape RULES! LONG LIVE FARSCAPE!!! [​IMG]

5. Jon Torres

Jon Torres Second Unit

I liked the episode as well. I'm not quite sure what the deal was with the orbs. So it harnessed your best characteristic and stored it in the orb and fed the alien?

I loved the ending with John revealing his true feelings for Aeryn and his suspicions re: Scorpius.

6. PhilipG

PhilipG Cinematographer

Yes, the ending made this episode. As for the rest of it... it was a bit of a rip-off from the Red Dwarf ep Polymorph. Still, at least they aren't ripping off Trek.

Looking forward to the next + 1 ep on tonight in the UK. [​IMG]

7. Ron McBadger

Ron McBadger Stunt Coordinator

The ratings are what[​IMG]

How can that be possible...the Neilsen boxes must go. I myself have recruited at least 6 new viewers...though it goes for naught since none of them are a Neilson households.

What blows my mind is that a show this good just might be watched by a couple of million more viewers but one would never know because their are only 5000 boxes out there recording what we watch.

8. PhilipG

PhilipG Cinematographer

Just wanted to report (no spoilers) on the new, new ep I saw tonight. It was terrific; a very strong arc ep. I believe it will air in the US on the day of the Variety ad - that's great timing. [​IMG] [​IMG]