Farscape 2/7/03

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jon Torres, Feb 8, 2003.

1. Jon Torres

Jon Torres Second Unit

I thought the episode was pretty good. Chiana and Noranti w/ their changed genetics was dorky, but otherwise the episode was good. I was suspect of Aeryn after she was shooting the scarran w/ no effect, but how the hell can you clone someone so quickly. It'll be very interesting to see how they get her back.

On a side note, I don't know why Sikozu (Raelee Hill) is still considered a guest and not a cast member.

2. Brian Kaz

Brian Kaz Second Unit

Yep, I liked this episode. I always wanted something to start with the Scarrans and Peacekeepers. Also, I too wondered how they cloned her so fast but quickly remembered that it is Farscape. Crap like that just happens.

Favorite line
    -------------

Aeryn (waiting impatiently for Sikozu with the binoculars): Tell me what's happening or I'll take over.

3. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

Raelee Hill is a guest star because, as far as I can tell, her character was introduced in the first episode of this season ("Crichton Kicks"). If there had been a 5th season and she remained on the show, then she would probably be listed as part of the cast. Or they could write her off in the last episode of the season in the same way they wrote off Jool.

After the last episode airs, I'll unceremoniously cancel Sci-Fi Channel from the channel list of my DirecTiVo in the same way they dumped Farscape. I know how to hold a grudge. I stopped going to Circuit City in September 1997 when they announced Divx, and even though the war was won (with my help), I haven't been back since.

4. Jon Torres

Jon Torres Second Unit

5. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

I also enjoyed this episode. Like previous seasons, the show is starting to build up to something big for the season (or series [​IMG]) end.

On a side note, you gotta love Farscape's episode titles. "Bringing Home The Beacon" is another clever play on words ala "Bone To Be Wild", "Lava's A Many Splendored Thing", and "Coup By Clam" among others. Just another thing I'll miss after the last episode airs.

6. Duane R

Duane R Second Unit

As I suffer the impending end of this great show, I have a glimmer of hope. Rockne O' Bannon (sp?) mentioned in a chat that once Sci-Fi's 2 year rerun stranglehold ends, it is quite possible to see it resurface elsewhere. Although that's a long ways off, it beats the alternative.

7. Lee Jamilkowski

Lee Jamilkowski Stunt Coordinator

Chiana was a guest/recurring character from her first appearance through "The Hidden Memory". She became a regular character in "Bone to be Wild".

Jool was always a guest recurring character and not a regular. The same with Noranti and Sikozu.

8. Brian Kaz

Brian Kaz Second Unit

Well, Jool was never on long enough to become a regular. I'd say the same will go for Sikozu.

9. Ron McBadger

Ron McBadger Stunt Coordinator

10. Joseph Howard

Joseph Howard Stunt Coordinator

I might also add, that when John Crieghton and Pip (Chiana) were cloned by the sociopathic doctor dude the process was instantaneous. (So much so, the cloned folks didn't know who was who!)

I can't remember, was that guy killed? Maybe the technology was originally Scarren.

Dr. Joe

11. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

John, Chiana, and D'Argo weren't cloned in "Eat Me" - they were twinned, which is why there were two Crichtons for half of season 3. They were both original Crichtons, if that makes sense. [​IMG]

12. Joseph Howard

Joseph Howard Stunt Coordinator

twinned, cloned, copied, duplicated, dopplegangered, xeroxed.... all semantics.

A "quick" copy was made. So, all I'm saying is "quick" clones are possible like an "original." So I'm guessing a controllable quick clone could not be that much more of a stretch.

Dr. Joe