What's new

Farscape 2/14/03 (1 Viewer)

Jon Torres

Second Unit
I can't say I enjoyed this episode as much as the last few. I did like the bits about the tv show about the aliens, but I felt I'd rather see how they go get Aeryn back. I don't know what the deal is w/ that place John was obsessed about (forgot the name). How is it that Scorpius set him up? I don't get it. I'm looking forward to next week.

Duane R

Second Unit
I agree that this episode did seem to tread a little water. I think it's setting us up for the payoff over the next few episodes. Without going into details, I've read spoilers indicating that Sikozu (sp?) and Scorpius true agendas are revealed among other things. One thing that was apparent to me is that while John was watching the "documentary", he realized that with the alien fearmongering going on, a normal life for him and Aeryn on earth would be highly unlikely.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
I know what you mean. Although I loved all the scenes that weren't on JC's TV. The documentary itself was too much Badalot 5.

It's unlike Farscape not to "get on with it".

My theory re: Scorpius is that he intentionally split John and Aeryn up when he arranged the training camp mission for the guys. He might even have been in collaboration with the Scarrens to kidnap Aeryn (I can't think why they'd bother to clone her otherwise). JC needs Scorpy's help to get Aeryn back, and Scorpy's price was obvious.

John recognized Sikozu from an unrealised reality, in which she was Stark, and she knew the location of the base then. So my guess is that JC is going to find a wormhole to find that reality (or one with the familiar Stark), to get the information.

MichaelGH

Stunt Coordinator
I enjoyed the documentary feel of this episode a lot more than the same type of episodes on Babylon 5. I was laughing through most of the interview segments especially the few with Rigel. It was like watching Cricton watching the Sci-Fi channel;)

I think we'll start to pick up steam now that we're entering the last few episodes though; it usually goes into non-stop excitement over the last 4 or 5 in the season

Michael

Adam Nixon

Second Unit
I liked the episode -- it didn't really advance the arc, but the documentary was pretty clever. It made me a little sad, because I'm REALLY going to miss this show when it's gone. This show is to sci-fi what Buffy is to horror/fantasy.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
This show is to sci-fi what Buffy is to horror/fantasy.
Or, to be more accurate, this show is to sci-fi what Buffy used to be to light fantasy-drama. ;)

Sorry, but otherwise it sounds to me like you're insulting Farscape. :D

Ron McBadger

Stunt Coordinator
I liked this episode.

1) Scorpy with no lines was great...just him laying there then sitting up realizing that he has finally gotten what he wanted all along from JC was masterful...I half expected him to call in a Peacekeeper command carrier to pick him up.

2) Sikozu-lying bitch...she knows but she refuses to tell JC because she is league with Scorpy

I also loved the interviews with the so called aliens...just shows us how paranoid we humans are and how we like to over analyze everything.

With only a handful of episodes to go though, I am finding watching Farscape to be bitter sweet...because we all know that in the end things may be resolved in getting Aeryn back but a new challenge/cliff hanger will be given to the crew of Moya that may never be answered because of the morons running Sci-Fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks