Farrell has commentary track on The Recruit - which he panned

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by EricW, Mar 16, 2003.

1. EricW

EricW Cinematographer

according to DVDfile, the upcoming Recruit release is going to have a commentary including Colin Farrell; what's interesting is the other day i read he trashed the movie in an Irish newspaper, saying it turned out s--- and that the script kept changing from day to day.

-----------------
    Just announced from Buena Vista Home Entertainment is a May 27th street date for the hit thriller The Recruit, starring Al Pacino and Colin Farrell. Buena Vista will release the flick in a 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer with English and French 5.1 Dolby surround tracks, plus an audio commentary by director Roger Donaldson and Farrell, deleted scenes with optional commentary, the "Spy School: Inside the CIA Training Program" featurette, and the trailer.
    -------------------

2. Mark Bendiksen

Mark Bendiksen Screenwriter

Well, that might be a lively commentary. I don't know, though. Farrell is a talented actor, but his attitude is starting to grate on me. He makes Russell Crowe look like a refined gentleman.

[​IMG]

3. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

Hey, don't knock him - it's about time we got a movie star named Colin![​IMG]

(And if he gets successful enough, maybe fewer people will call me "coh-lin"...)

4. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

The difference between him and Crowe is at least he has a sense of humor. Crowe seems to take everything far too seriously.

Jason

5. EricW

EricW Cinematographer

while Crowe is a great actor, he takes himself waaaay too seriously. at least Farrell just says what's on his mind. i haven't seen Recruit, but the whole script comment reminds me of Brad Pitt trashing Devil's Own when it was released. apparently he had problems with Harrison Ford coming aboard and totally rewriting the script. while i never read the original script, i can see how the Ford character had a really distracting storyline that had absolutely NOTHING to do with the main plotline.

6. Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen Screenwriter

7. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

I thought he played Bullseye in Daredevil way over the top.

[​IMG]

8. AaronJB

AaronJB Second Unit

I actually really liked Recruit. I thought it was one of the better films I've seen so far this year.

9. Mark Bendiksen

Mark Bendiksen Screenwriter

10. Josh Lowe

Josh Lowe Screenwriter

Colin Farrell apparently doesn't like anything. Or at least that's what his publicists are telling him to do. He's complained about this movie, about Kevin Spacey being a primadonna, etc etc. Sounds to me like Colin's PR flacks are telling him to be a prick in order to make a reputation for himself as the new "bad boy" actor.. *yawn* is more like it.