What's new

Farrah Fawcett dies (1 Viewer)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett and now Michael Jackson all in the same week. That "rule of three" thing eerily always seems to be true. RIP to all.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
She did some fine work. I will remember her as one of three Angels, of course. May she rest in peace.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
She was on my wall all through grade school and high school in the '70s. Sorry she passed, Godspeed to her.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The first time I remember seeing Farrah and noting her name was in a Partridge Family episode (1970??) -- Ruben and Danny were running a scheme and FF got to play the blonde ditz. I was so taken with the gorgeous girl on my TV that I actually watched the credits for the actor's name instead of the closing theme. Little did I know then what was going to happen, but I'll never forget the vision.

I never had her poster, but I knew many many of my friends who did. I will admit to paying to see Somebody Killed Her Husband and Sunburn in the theater when I was in college before the Goddess spell was broken, but interestingly Charlie's Angels wasn't a show I watched until one of my roommate's years later started watching the syndicated reruns.

The Apostle was such a great underappreciated film and I though she easily held her own with a great Robert Duval performance. I'm glad that she got to make a film like The Burning Bed showing another side of her and gaining a great deal of respect for something other than her physical traits. Other than Elizabeth Montgomery's "A Case of Rape" I think this may be one of the best genre films in TV. It's sad (and quite eerie) that 2 of the most classically beautiful actresses in history both used their fame and beauty to change the way society viewed somewhat Taboo subjects and both ended up succumbing to similar cancers within weeks of being the exact same age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks