1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Faroudja/Sage chip with DCDI tech.?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jordan Jensen, Aug 10, 2001.

1. Jordan Jensen

Aside from the Philips, Kenwood and a couple machines in Asia, any word on other manufacturers which may be bringing a machine to market which includes this technology? Just purchased a post recall(firm.5248)Denon 2800 from the GoodGuys on Sunday, it looks GREAT, but I am considering returning it due to my interest in DCDI and Faroudja quality processing. Do not want to be behind the eight ball right off the bat with the cost involved in the 2800. I would pay 2 to 3 times the cost of the 2800 if need be, I just want the best DVD source for that dollar. Thanks in advance for the input.

2. Jordan Jensen

Anyone?

3. Mark Fontana

Mark Fontana Stunt Coordinator

Mark
    One source for this kind of information is to read the press releases on Sage/Faroudja's web site.
    It looks like in addition to the manufacturers you mentioned, Nintaus will be using the FLI2200 in a DVD player and Marantz and InFocus will include it in some of their projectors.