What's new

Fargo: Special Edition on 9/30 (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Conrad

Supporting Actor

Features:
Audio commentary with director of photography Roger A. Deakins.
New documentary: "Minnesota Nice".
Interview with the Coen Brothers and Frances McDormand.
Trivia Track.
Photo gallery
Hidden menus and "other surprises".

MSRP is $24.95

That looks...so...sweet...

Looks like great packaging! I also held off on buying the current not-so-good release in wait for an SE!

Im excited.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
This is the only movie by the Coens that I don't have. I've been holding off in anticipation of this SE. I think there have been rumors of this for a couple of years. If I knew that it would have taken this long I probably would have gone ahead and bought one of the earlier versions but I can wait until late September at this point.

MatS

Screenwriter
Jeremy is IGN confirming this via official word from MGM??
We have heard rumored dates countless times before

EDIT: nevermind, I'm assuming so from your write up on your site

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/410/410211p1.html

no chance The Dude is going to be given new duds to tie in with the new flick, huh??

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
"...Wheres Pancakes House?-we go ta' Pancakes House...Im fookin' hungry now, ya know..."
-------
line of the century

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Does the UK R2 have a better spec.?

The R2 has:

New Documentary: 'Minnesota Nice' - an insight into the peculiarities of the region
Interview with the Coen brothers
Audio Commentary 1 with Producers Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner
Audio Commentary 2 with Director of Photography Roger Deakins
The Coen brothers repertory company - interactive guide focusing on regular collaborators Turturro, Goodman, and McDormand
Photo Galleries with rare pictures from the set
Trivia Tracks
American Cinematographer article with detailed behind the scenes insights
Trailers & TV Spots

Or do the seemingly extra features come under 'other surprises'?

---
So many films, so little time...

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
Hopefully other R2 MGM SEs like A Fish Called Wanda and Misery make their way over soon.

Lowell_B

Second Unit
Yay! I've been holding off on picking this one up knowing that a Special Edition was on the way at some point. Good to know it finally has a release date. It seems like a nice set too.

Ryan_TD

Stunt Coordinator
Now we can all hope that one day RAISING ARIZONA & THE HUDSUCKER PROXY can get the SE treatment they deserve. (Yes I know these are all from different studios...)
and while THE BIG LEBOWSKI may be my all-time favorite of the Coen Bros, at least the version that's out now is AS GOOD as Miller's Crossing & Barton Fink with great transfers but minimal extras and BLOOD SIMPLE, O BROTHER, WHERE ART THOU?, & THE MAN WHO WASN'T THERE even better in those departments................
Patiently(but sometimes frustratingly)Waiting with fingers crossed..........

Skoobooz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
I seem to remember, probably over a year ago now, that a rep from Fox said that Barton Fink and Miller's Crossing were coming eventually, and that they would be doing an anamorphic re-issue of Raising Arizona. Anyone know what happened with that? Otherwise, more on topic, I just spent the last four months in the UK, and during that time the Fargo: SE was released, with basically the exact same special features. I don't believe there was a second commentary from the producers on that disc. Anyway, looking forward to the R1 version!

Richard Smith

Stunt Coordinator
I don't believe there was a second commentary from the producers on that disc.
That commentary definitely isn't on there so it looks like the R1 copy is identical to the R2 version. The Coens/Frances McDormand interview is actually from The Charlie Rose show from the time of the films release, so I don't think the brothers had anything to do with this DVD. The Roger Deakins commentary is an excellent listen though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
absplumbing
Recent bookmarks