What's new

Farewell, goodbye, Harvey Korman has left us! (1 Viewer)

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
Heard on the radio that he died of heart failure today, 5-29, but I cannot find a link to cite.

So sad. Some of my warmest family moments were laughter and he cause a big part of that. With Carol Burnett, Tim Conway, Lyle Waggoner, Vicki Lawrence (and sometimes Dick Van Dyke), he was part of the perfect comedy ensemble.

I'm sad now.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Actor Harvey Korman dies in Los Angeles
May 29, 2008, 6:02 PM EST
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- A UCLA Medical Center spokeswoman says actor Harvey Korman has died.

Hospital spokeswoman Roxanne Moster said Korman died Thursday but she released no details.

The Emmy-winning star of such TV programs as "The Carol Burnett Show" and films such as "Blazing Saddles," was 81.

Copyright 2008 Associated Press.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
That one hit me like a swift punch in the gut.

Rest in peace, and thanks for so many hilarious moments.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
This makes me sad. I actually saw him once; I was in the audience for the Carol Burnett special (about 4 years ago) "Bump up the Lights." He was great then and always!

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
His work on CB with Tim Conway was amazing to watch, and is the stuff of legend. It was so hard for Korman to keep a straight face with him.

So long, Harvey.

"That's Hedley!!"

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
One of the all-time greats. Will definitely be missed.

John

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Loved Harvey Korman. :frowning: His roles with Mel Brooks in Blazing Saddles & High Anxiety remain some of my favorites of all time. His work on the Carol Burnett show as mentioned was also genius.

R.I.P. Mr. Korman.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
He was one of the people who could almost always make me laugh out loud. Conway is a comic genius but it takes a talented straight man to make it all work and Harvey was one of the absolute best.

He was also a capable dramatic actor also. Many people would be surprised to learn he appeared in an episode of PERRY MASON albeit in a relatively minor role. I also remember a TV MOW he did with Buddy Hackett in which they played Abbott and Costello. I'd like to see that again; I haven't seen it since the original airing in the late 70s.

Mark Evanier indicates that he will have some stories posted on his newsfromme.com site later; those should be priceless.

RIP Mr. Korman.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

couldn't find any more that i liked for Harvey.

i was just a wee lad when the Carol Burnett show was on but i knew
what i was seeing and there was nothing funnier then seeing Harvey and Tim
trying not to laugh.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Sad news, he was so fantastic in "Blazing Saddles", friends and I still quote him nearly weekly from that film. :frowning:

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
A few years ago, Harvey Korman and Tim Conway toured together in what, even then, seemed like a farewell tour. I had the privilege of attending the show they did in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and it is an experience I'll never forget. Very sad to hear about his passing today, but he left us with one of the greatest gifts of all -- laughter. He will surely be missed.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
When you would get him in a room with Conway and Burnett and then throw Robin Williams into the mix he couldn't face the camera because he would be laughing so hard. He will be dearly missed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks