What's new

Faraday cage for your Wi-Fi router (1 Viewer)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I find it rather humorous that it states "blocks EMF RF signals" right in the ads for these "router guards". There is something really sad about a society that is increasingly highly technological and yet basic scientific literacy appears to be on the wane. It is even worse when there is literally an infinite source of information at one's fingertips, needing all of 30 seconds to access, and yet people cannot be bothered to inform themselves before purchasing something.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
There's just a growing aversion to knowledge and general understanding that's downright disturbing.

Max Taxable

Xenforo Addon Developer
Real Name
James
You caint use wifi with a faraday cage

And you won't be happy if you try to

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
This sort of thing shouldn't come as much of a surprise as the same basic concepts are used for most bogus marketing claims and scams. Science and facts do not endear the public interest and sell products. Instead, people buy based largely on greed or emotion.

• Everyone wants to be in great shape but they would rather believe a pill can deliver results because, hey, if it could that would be great and beats controlling your diet and getting some exercise. Who wants to do that!
  • Everyone wants to be rich but they would rather believe a book or seminar can deliver results because, hey, if they could that would be great and beats sacrifice, saving and hard work. Who wants to do that!
Well, this gets redundant pretty quickly but the point should be clear by now.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
This sort of thing shouldn't come as much of a surprise as the same basic concepts are used for most bogus marketing claims and scams. Science and facts do not endear the public interest and sell products. Instead, people buy based largely on greed or emotion.

• Everyone wants to be in great shape but they would rather believe a pill can deliver results because, hey, if it could that would be great and beats controlling your diet and getting some exercise. Who wants to do that!
  • Everyone wants to be rich but they would rather believe a book or seminar can deliver results because, hey, if they could that would be great and beats sacrifice, saving and hard work. Who wants to do that!
Well, this gets redundant pretty quickly but the point should be clear by now.
Still, you just have to appreciate the irony of people falling for "snake oil" that in fact does specifically the opposite of what it's marketed to do, and that it takes about ten seconds to discover that fact.

Max Taxable

Xenforo Addon Developer
Real Name
James
I think for this particular thing, it intentionally plays on the "hax0r" fears and the 5G fears of the willfully ignorant public. I really have no sympathy for anyone who is separated from his/her money on this.

Your wifi is just a radio, dummy. So is your phone. They rely on EM and RF ya numbskulls.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I don't know why anyone would purchase one of these when it's quite easy to make one yourself with a bit of that leftover chicken wire from building the fence around the chicken coop.

Seriously... I had to look these up on Amazon and was shocked that people are getting close to $100 for one of these things! And others are selling what looks like anti-static bags for ~$30 claiming the same "results" - which we all know is *no wifi*.

Maybe I need to purchase a roll of metal window screen and make a few of these to sell. I could get rich! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks