What's new

Far From The Madding Crowd - any prospect of a release? (1 Viewer)

Bruce Morrison

Supporting Actor
I think Warner owns the rights to 'Far From The Madding Crowd' (Schlesinger) in America - have they given any indication of plans to release it in 2007? There is a European DVD (not on the Warner label) but it's cropped to 1.85 (except for the credits), has mono sound and has appalling quality generally. I hope Warner will give this fine film the treatment it needs next year.

PattyFraser

Second Unit

This seems somewhat familiar to me too. I have been awaiting this disc with much more than a passing interest.

PattyFraser

Second Unit
Thank you, Ted:r. This link also reminded me what was said about Little Dorrit.

What I'd really like to know are what Warner's plans with its BBC releases are. I'm very glad to see from the Bits that One Foot in the Grave and Adam Bede are being released early next year.

Hope we see Far From the Madding Crowd in February for Valentine's day, as I've said before.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I actually orderded the region 2 POS version of Madding Crowd. I think it was the first time i actually tossed a dVD into the garbage.

I made a DVR of my laserdisc, which was much better quality. But it had some color issues, and it needs a good anamorphic treatment. Put me down as one who cannot wait for a release of one of the most underrated and neglected films of all time.

osborneee

Auditioning
Real Name
Elizabeth Osborne
Oct 27 08
hi
i would like to have dvd copy of far away from the maddening crowd the bbc version or the masterpiece theatre one too on dvd and i would also like to have copies of any of bbc realeases too please? I would also like to have Adam Bede too please tell me where on the internet i can get theses at fair prices or anyone and anywhere please? Thanks Elizabeth Osborne
[email protected]

Greg Krewet

Premium
Supporter
I believe the new British version will be coming from BBCAmerica as it will be part of Masterpiece classic either 2009 or 2010. Adam Bede is currently also from BBC america. Incidentally, BBCamerica is also promising, Oliver Twist, and Little Dorritt and The Old Curiosity in new DVD in the upcoming year.
Best
Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks