What's new

Far From Heaven - Canadian vs. US DVD? (1 Viewer)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I just picked up Far From Heaven at a bargain basement price, but after getting it home I noticed it is an Alliance/Atlantis DVD.

Since I know these guys are notorious for releasing DVDs which are sometimes subpar compared to their US counterparts, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there are any differences in this case.

In particular, I would like to know if they both share the same transfer....

Anyone?

I only have the Canadian version and have not compared the transfers directly, but it has exactly the same features as the domestic DVD and I would be surprised if there was a notable difference in picture quality.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Actually, I was thinking the transfer seemed a little fuzzy, lacking in fine detail. Of course, it is possible that is due to the intended look of the film.

I never did make it to a theatrical screening.

But anyhow, thanks. :)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I don't consider it a big deal, but I do have to agree that the Canadian cover art is a bit nicer...except for the bilingual title. :laugh:

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
You can tell it's the same transfer as the Focus / Universal disc because they forgot to remove the trailer for The Pianist ( which Alliance doesn't own in Canada. )

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks