Far From Heaven - Canadian vs. US DVD?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Rain, Jun 26, 2003.

1. Rain

Rain Producer

I just picked up Far From Heaven at a bargain basement price, but after getting it home I noticed it is an Alliance/Atlantis DVD.

Since I know these guys are notorious for releasing DVDs which are sometimes subpar compared to their US counterparts, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there are any differences in this case.

In particular, I would like to know if they both share the same transfer....

Anyone?

2. Bjorn Thoresen

I only have the Canadian version and have not compared the transfers directly, but it has exactly the same features as the domestic DVD and I would be surprised if there was a notable difference in picture quality.

3. Jason Whyte

Jason Whyte Screenwriter

The film transfers are identical (and amazing!) [​IMG]

Jason

4. Rain

Rain Producer

Actually, I was thinking the transfer seemed a little fuzzy, lacking in fine detail. Of course, it is possible that is due to the intended look of the film.

I never did make it to a theatrical screening.

But anyhow, thanks. [​IMG]

5. Rain

Rain Producer

I don't consider it a big deal, but I do have to agree that the Canadian cover art is a bit nicer...except for the bilingual title. [​IMG]

6. Rob W

Rob W Supporting Actor

Robert
    You can tell it's the same transfer as the Focus / Universal disc because they forgot to remove the trailer for The Pianist ( which Alliance doesn't own in Canada. )