What's new

Fantasy Island (1 Viewer)

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
...fans might want to search 'love boat' on youtube and see what they find.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I really wish that they would release the original tv films that preceded the series.

WadeM

Supporting Actor
JoeDoakes said:
I really wish that they would release the original tv films that preceded the series.
The 2 TV movies, "Fantasy Island" and "Return to Fantasy Island" are included in Season 1's set.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I was hoping to see S4 of Fantasy Island released on dvd. I really love this show as a child!

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
The two telefilms really got my interest in seeing this as a series. And while I watched and enjoyed the series, I missed some of the harder edge in the series that was present on the films.

I would gladly take a seperate release of the two movies followed by a release of the second SERIES of FI, which was a darker, edgier version of the concept, which I think really was closer to the tone of the original movies.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
I was taking my son to work yesterday and he noticed a plane. I responded with "da plane, boss, da plane!" He didn't catch the reference! Lol

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Ron1973 said:
I was taking my son to work yesterday and he noticed a plane. I responded with "da plane, boss, da plane!" He didn't catch the reference! Lol
Ron, I feel your pain, lol! I have similar issues with my significant other as she is 10 years younger than me as such does not have the same interest in classic TV. I tried introducing my gal to Charlie's Angels, but she just shrug it off as clothes look so 70s or look at the hair styles or just other areas.

Fantasy Island always will have a place in my heart as it was a show that I remember growing up as kid as it was show saturday night at 10PM. I agree with an earlier post that Love Boat and Fantasy Island go and hand together as they were shown back to back in the 1970s and early 1980s.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
younger1968 said:
Ron, I feel your pain, lol! I have similar issues with my significant other as she is 10 years younger than me as such does not have the same interest in classic TV. I tried introducing my gal to Charlie's Angels, but she just shrug it off as clothes look so 70s or look at the hair styles or just other areas.

Fantasy Island always will have a place in my heart as it was a show that I remember growing up as kid as it was show saturday night at 10PM. I agree with an earlier post that Love Boat and Fantasy Island go and hand together as they were shown back to back in the 1970s and early 1980s.
Saturday nights were Hee Haw, Fantasy Island and Love Boat here. You never knew who would show up as guest stars either. He told me it sounded like a stupid show but I figure if he would actually watch it (I haven't watched it in years either) he'd like it.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
It would be nice to see S4 of Fantasy Island come out in 2015. I am sentimental to Fantasy Island as it was one of my favorites growing up during the 1970s and the 1980s!

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Loving Fantasy Island every Sunday night on Cozi.
Last week, they actually showed a season 5 episode. The one called "The Devil and Mr. Roarke" with Roddy McDowell reprising his role as Satan, and Wendy Schall as Roarke's niece.
The print looked pretty bad, though, so that probably means seasons 5-7 haven't been remastered like seasons 1-4

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Ron Lee Green said:
Loving Fantasy Island every Sunday night on Cozi.
Last week, they actually showed a season 5 episode. The one called "The Devil and Mr. Roarke" with Roddy McDowell reprising his role as Satan, and Wendy Schall as Roarke's niece.
Which unfortunately ruined all our bets about who Mr. Roarke "really" was. :(

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Yeah, I noticed they were airing them out of order. I've been recording them almost every Sunday, and using epguide.com as a checklist, along with CoziTV's schedule on their website, so I have a few gaps. I have never tried TitanTV.
The average running time with out commercials is 43 minutes, so they are heavily edited. Should be at least 50 minutes.
Also, last week, I recorded the episode "The Devil and Mr. Roarke/ Kid Corey Rides Again" (Season 5, episode 2). However, epguide lists the title as "The Devil and Mr. Roarke/ Ziegfeld Girls"???
I double-checked with imdb.com and I learned that this was originally a 90 minute episode with three stories, so Cozi has the version with the Ziegfeld Girls segment cut out completely.
Oh, well, better than nothing at all....
Also, regarding last night's airing of two season 5 episodes: Did you notice that the first episode aired looked like an old print, but the second episode looked remastered? I was particularly happy that the episode was remastered because it featured one of my all-time favorite guest stars: Carol Lynley.

clambake

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jamie
Ron Lee Green said:
I was particularly happy that the episode was remastered because it featured one of my all-time favorite guest stars: Carol Lynley.
The 'Lady Of The Evening / The Racer' episode she did was a really great one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks