Fantasy Island,Love Boat..any news for those shows on DVD'S?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Luc Roussel, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Luc Roussel

Luc Roussel Agent

I believe i would like to buy one or two sets of these shows...1 and 2 seasons...
    Would you like to see those ? Am I the only one interested?

2. peggy

peggy Stunt Coordinator

I would like to have both of those shows available on dvd.
    I really enjoyed them when they were on and I watched them on TVLand but they were so edited that I would love to have them in their original form.

3. DeanC

DeanC Stunt Coordinator

Me too. Commercials cut deleted scenes etc. The life of going on cruises.

I'd love to own some seasons. Gosh there's 9 seasons of Love Boat, I don't think they'll release them all.

Im hoping a Best of Love Boat.

4. Mark Lx

Mark Lx Second Unit

Yeah, I'd get both of those. They're fun shows with lots of different guests. I don't know if that's a reason why they won't be released, but there are lots of other shows with a lot of famous guest stars.

Love Boat must be about the most popular show of the era left that hasn't even been announced for DVD.

5. SteveVM

SteveVM Stunt Coordinator

I agrre, I would definitely buy these 2 series, not sure if I would buy the entire Love Boat series, but maybe I would. I would buy all of the Fantasy Island.

6. Mick Tees

Mick Tees Second Unit

These would be fun shows to own and re-visit...

Count me in with season sets for both shows!

[​IMG]

7. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

Peggy, that says it all for me. Those 2 series are on my "list" (signature list, that is [​IMG] )

I'd get most of Fantasy Island. I liked the earlier seasons of the Love Boat more than the last 3-4 ones.

8. Chuck L

Chuck L Screenwriter

Though I could be wrong...I would think, and with the LOVE BOAT mostly, that the release of this show would be a rights clearance hell. Not only because of all the guest stars but music for the show. If I recall early on they would have guest music stars as well perform.

While I wouldn't mind seeing this show on DVD...I am just thinking that the studio would have to shell out a lot to do. Though I could be wrong.

9. Joe*R

Joe*R Stunt Coordinator

This is what David Lambert posted in another thread about the Love Boat:

I'd buy it, but as I pointed out in another thread, it cannot be released to DVD until partway through 2005, when Spelling Ent. properties fully come under Paramount's control. And perhaps not even then, because I have no idea if there are any other obstacles in its path.

I believe by the end of this year we should hear something about it along with Fantasy Island, two shows that I would buy in a heartbeat.

10. Dave H

Dave H Producer

If I remember correctly, Love Boat would be on an 9 p.m. EST and Fantasy Island at 10 p.m. EST (both on Saturday night), correct?

I'm sure sooner or later something of these will be released.

11. Stephen Heath

Stephen Heath Stunt Coordinator

I'd be buying both, I've been waiting for these, Fame, and Welcome Back Kotter to finish off my TV purchases (unless WKRP winds up coming out with it's original music).

12. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Don't forget that Love Boat is Spelling ---> Paramount, and that Fantasy Island is owned by Sony instead. I doubt the two studios will synchronize with each other.

That having been said, I'd love both of these, and would even take their more recent revivals with Robert Urich and Malcolm McDowell. Neither as good as the orginals, but they still had their charms (especially the new Fantasy Island).