What's new

Fantasy Island, and Love Boat. Will they be released in 2006? (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone have an idea if Fantasy Island, or The Love Boat are being considered for release in season sets. So far I have just heard rumors of the studio that owns the rights (Warner Bros., or Paramount) are in fact considering them for 2006, but nothing solid. Two of my favorite shows growing up. I used to watch them back to back on ABC Saturday nights. If anyone has heard anything it would be greatly appreciated.

Joe*R

Stunt Coordinator
I too am hoping for both of those series to come out on DVD. I'm also hoping for Hawaii 5-0 and tvshowsondvd.com listed a news item for Hawaii saying that it is slated to be released in 2006, but no news for Love Boat or Fantasy Island.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Ditto for me on these 2. I'd get them today if available. I'm puzzled why we haven't seen or heard anything about these 2 shows. "Alas, I'm a 60's-70's TV collector and it's a tough world out there :frowning: "

Dave Farley

Second Unit
I'm not certain where I saw it, but I read an article recently that said The Love Boat was being restored for a DVD release. It may have been in an article that someone posted here concerning another show.

I'll try and find it.

Pavan_P

Second Unit
Not in 2006, but 2005 -- at least for Fantasy Island! Sony is working on a Nov. 15 date. Still weeks away to be confirmed. So until it pops up on tvshowsondvd.com it will not be official.

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
I'm on the fence as to whether or not I'd buy a couple of seasons of both shows. I'd definitely be interested in renting them though. If they do them up nice with a remastering and maybe some extras, that could make them a bit more enticing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks