What's new

Fantasy Football (Non HTF leagues) (1 Viewer)

Al Fischer

Stunt Coordinator
Draft was this morning:
QB's Garcia(K), Collins
RB's Alexander(K), Henry(K), Taylor, DeShuan Foster, Barber, Levens
WR's Bruce(K), Darryl Jackson(K), Troy Brown
TE Chamberlain(K) and Heap
K Mare(K) and Shankakowski
D GB

This is a 10 team keeper league. You had to keep 7 from last year.

Corbin Stirn

Second Unit
Andrew....don't woory. This is 1 time that when Dilfer comes back, the job will be waiting. In fact, I'll be shocked if the entire TEAM doesn't run to where he is, pick him up, and RUN onto the field. :) Hasslebeck is not the answer......Plus one other thing to consider......this is BY FAR the best team he's been given the keys to at the beginning of a season. Shaun and Darrell are studs, and Koren could be a great no. 2 wideout. I feel good about this year.....

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I had the draft for my local keeper league today. 10 team league with yardage and TD scoring and 1 keeper. My keeper from last year was Eddie George and I got the #9 pick this year.

QB: D. Culpepper, K. Collins
RB: E. George, A. Thomas, C. Portis, D. Foster
WR: J. Smith, D. Mason, J. Rice, P. Price, M. Robinson, D. Stallworth
TE: F. Jones, J. Stevens
K: M. Gramatica, D. Brien
D/ST: Browns, Jets

I'm pretty happy with my team, especially my RBs. The rookies are a bit of a gamble but once Foster gets back from injury, I should have 4 very good RBs. Definite trade bait. My WRs are a little weak but Jimmy signed today and if Robinson is back to his old self, I'll be fine. I can't wait for the season to start!

Doug R

Supporting Actor
Here's my team in a 10-team yahoo league. We also played with defensive players. Whatcha think:

QB: Donovan McNabb, Shane Matthews
RB: Ahman Green, Antowain Smith, Michael Bennett, Michael Pittman
WR: David Boston, Jerry Rice, Terry Glenn, Rod Gardner
TE: Marcus Pollard
K: David Akers
DL: Michael Strahan, Peter Boulware
DB: Ronde Barber, Brock Marion

I'm keepin Strahan and Barber for the duration probably and switch out the other two for matchups against week teams. We play 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 2 DL, 2 DB each week.

I think I have one of the better teams, though some guy has Kurt Warner, Eddie George, and Curtis Martin. Powerful combo.

Doug

Mark Lee

Second Unit
Had my Yahoo private league draft a few days ago (in a 10-team league, non-keeper). I'm the league commish, and after randomizing the draft order, I got the 9th spot (definitely no fix in here, huh? ;)). The top-tier RB's were going off the board in a hurry, so by the time I went, T.O. was really my best option. On the serpentine backswing in the 2nd round, I was faced with a bunch of 2nd-tier RBs, an assortment of 1st and 2nd-tier QBs (though not Manning, Culpepper, or Warner), and Randy Moss. After much hair-pulling and cursing, I pulled the trigger on Moss, thereby ensuring my mediocrity at RB. My team ended up being:
QB: Aaron Brooks, Tim Couch
WR: Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, James Thrash, Kevin Johnson, Antonio Bryant
RB: Antowain Smith, William Green, James Stewart, Deshaun Foster
TE: Tony Gonzalez
K: Ryan Longwell
Def: Miami, NE
Those RBs ain't exactly striking fear in opponents' hearts, eh?

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Mark,

FYI, DeShaun Foster will miss at least the first four weeks of the season due to a knee injury. If he is slow healing, his entire rookie season could be a bust. You may want to try trading Gonzales and a receiver (Thrash or Johnson) for a better RB and lesser TE. In our league (yardage + TD's), having a strong TE is rarely very important. Gonzales may draw some trade interest.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I'm looking for some opinions on players to start for this weekend's games. I can start 5 of the following players:
Eddie George
Charlie Garner
Garrison Hearst
Clinton Portis
Darrell Jackson
Jerry Rice
Hines Ward
Kevin Dyson
Koren Robinson
David Patten
So far, my definites are George, Garner, Hearst and Jackson. Right now I have Jerry Rice as the 5th player, thinking that Charles Woodson will be covering Hines Ward. Garner is going against a tough Pittsburgh run defense, but I cannot bring myself to bench him after the big numbers he put up last week. Koren Robinson is tempting against Arizona, but I already have one Seattle receiver starting (Jackson).
Any opinions?
btw, Week 3 is going to hurt, because both Pittsburgh and Oakland are on bye weeks. That means no Garner, Rice or Ward for me. :frowning:

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, originally misread your post. Thought you said you had Mason, not Dyson.

My take? Start Hines Ward. 93 catches last year and caught 8 balls for 90yds in week 1 facing Ty Law, who is in the same class as Woodson. Chances are the Steelers may be behind in that game at one point and will have to pass. Even if they aren't, the Monday night game made it clear to me that Ward is the #1 target for Stewart and Randle El may be #2 behind him. Take it from a disturbed Plaxico Burress owner...start Ward.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
All those passes to Ward vs. the Pats were encouraging, but Woodson shutdown Darrell Jackson in the Raiders' opener. Also, New England threw the ball well on Pittsburgh, which bodes well for Rice. Decisions, decisions.
Take it from a disturbed Plaxico Burress owner...start Ward.
Speaking of Burress... his one-catch performance is the reason I am 1-0. My opponent only needed a couple of points from Plaxico to beat me, and he only earned one point in our league's scoring.
Finally, a Spartan does something useful for me. :)

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
That's a tough decision. I'd say it's a tossup between Ward and Rice. The Raiders will be forced to throw the ball a lot more than they did last week. Pittsburgh is tough against the run but were pathetic against the pass last week vs. the Pats (this coming from a die-hard Steelers fan). On the other hand, Pittsburgh needs to get Bettis and the running game going in order to have any hope of winning the game. Having said that, I'd probably go with Rice.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Who should I start this week, Tim Brown or Keyshawn Johnson? My four receivers are those two, plus Moulds and Boston. Boston always plays no matter what, and I need to get Moulds in against the Vikes, so I'm torn between Brown and Key. Also keep in mind that since I'm a Ravens fan, starting Key would leave me in one of those awkward "rooting for your team but wanting the guy on your fantasy team who's going against your team to do good, but not at the expense of your real team" situations.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Personally, I would play Keyshawn, but Brown is not a bad play either. My opponent has Keyshawn this week, though, so don't expect me to be happy if my choice is the right one. :laugh:

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
OK, scoring based league (where touchdowns are just about everything) I'm torn between my last starter.

Mike Alstott or Plaxico Burress. Neither one I expect to get a ton of yards, but both may get red zone looks. Pittsburgh at home, Tampa on the road. Which player has the best chance to hit paydirt? I have 12 hours to submit my lineup.

Edit: Andrew, to answer your question I need to know how your league scores. I like Johnson to get more catches and yards than Brown this week, but Key has only one TD in his last 17 games, so I like Brown's chances of hitting the endzone more than Key.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Evan,
No, I started Rice instead. With our scoring system, though, it did not work out bad. Ward earned 22 points, but Rice got me 17 points (we get points for receptions, and deduct points for turnovers). I actually should have started both players and benched Garrison Hearst. I am winning by a very large margin going into tonight's game, and my opponent only has McNab playing, while I have LaVar Arrington. He cannot make up the difference, so I will be 2-0. :)

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
I must be the un-luckiest man in fantasy football. For the second straight week, I've got the second-most points in the league, and I'm matched up with the team with the most.:angry: :angry: I can still win if McNabb gets three TD's and decent yardage tonight.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Good God, I just realized that Mike Hollis, my freaking KICKER, had more points than all my backs and receivers COMBINED. And it's not like my back and receivers are bums either, I'm talking Boston, Brown, Moulds, Green and Alexander.

Users who are viewing this thread