What's new

Fantasy Football 2003 (1 Viewer)

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I'm down by 8 with David Akers going for Philly tomorrow and I also have Ricky Williams going for Miami. With Phillys weak run defense I hope he does well. Either way as long as they both combined score 9, I'm good to go and happy.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Did I mention he had Marvin Harrison too?

Here's what really kills me about the whole situation: I played him just last week and beat him by forty points. FORTY POINTS! Now its the first round of the playoffs and I'm going to lose to him. It just makes me sick.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Now its the first round of the playoffs and I'm going to lose to him.
Them's the breaks. I lost heavily to the winner of the HTF I league, only to beat him in the first round of the playoffs. Looks like I'm going to cause another upset this week too, knocking out the #5 seed (the top one left).

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Brian, I'm in that league... ;)

Really though, in that HTF/Afterhourslounge.com league the top guys should get a bye or something. For a 12 man league, either only the top 4 should make the playoffs or maybe 6 with the top 2 getting byes. 8 people making the playoffs lets anomalies happen (like you beating him last week).

I've got to figure out a better system for FFB leagues for next year.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I clinched 2nd place and some decent money yesterday -- I'm up by 55 points and have Chambers and a defensive player tonight, while my opponent has RWilliams. I also advanced in teh playoffs in a 2nd non-money league.

Scott, does your league award extra points to players for making cell phone calls on the playing field? :)

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
I'm into the final game in the HBS league and it looks like I will face Mr. Weinberg due to what shall be henceforth known as the "Joe Horn miracle".

I should advance to the final game in the HTF II league as well. I have Randy McMichael and the Miami defense left to go and a ~21 pt lead against Bryant Westbrook. I'd just like to thank Peyton Manning for being such a great QB and recognizing that it was the fantasy playoffs for many people across the nation. In any other week, he might have called off the dogs with a three touchdown lead, but he knew we were counting on him to grab that fifth touchdown. I also benefited greatly from a last minute pickup of Onterrio Smith. Run, Onterrio, Run! :D

And I'm still swirling in the Toilet Bowl for my money league. We use total points across weeks 15 and 16 to pick the TB winner, and I'm only about 10 pts off the lead.

Finally, as both a Colts fan and a Broncos fan, I was really worried about next week's face-off. Fortunately for the Colts, Clinton Portis got injured and they are saying he is likely to miss next week's game. Therefore, go Colts! Unfortunately, the Broncos are still fighting for a wild card berth, and they need the W to secure their position. The Colts have already clinched a playoff spot. Therefore, go Broncos! Finally, if I advance to the final game in the HTF II league, I face the team that has Clinton Portis*, while I have Peyton Manning. Therefore, go Colts!

Advantage Colts! Go Colts - Go Colts - Go Colts! :D

Brad

*Unless, of course, Ricky Williams actually does something worthwhile on MNF tonight.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I should advance to the final game in the HTF II league as well. I have Randy McMichael and the Miami defense left to go and a ~21 pt lead against Bryant Westbrook. I'd just like to thank Peyton Manning for being such a great QB and recognizing that it was the fantasy playoffs for many people across the nation. In any other week, he might have called off the dogs with a three touchdown lead, but he knew we were counting on him to grab that fifth touchdown. I also benefited greatly from a last minute pickup of Onterrio Smith. Run, Onterrio, Run!
Well, I think that it's pretty safe to assume that you got me Brad. :) I knew that you'd be tough to beat as I sat there watching Manning launch TD after TD. If I would've gotten some points out of my WRs I would've had a chance. LT had another great game for me. Great pickup of Onterrio also. Good luck to you in the finals! :emoji_thumbsup:

I won my local money league this year so I'm happy. We don't have playoffs so I've already clinched. :D

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member

:laugh:

You wanna hear lucky? I was WAY down in my Money League before Mr. Horn started to play. I really thought I was done, cooked, finished, kaput.

His first two TDs put me right back in it. His third made me the winner. His fourth was just gravy. :D Thanks, Mr. Horn!

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Scott, you first must recognize that you were the receipient of the equally important "Trent Green" miracle the week before. ;)

Fantasy football has just about burnt me out this season. I was #1 in two leagues right before the playoffs and I'm out of both league's playoffs now. :angry:

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Well, I think that it's pretty safe to assume that you got me Brad.
Westbrook made it pretty scary for awhile, now didn't he? If you'd swapped some of your bench receivers into your starting lineup (or Graham instead of Crumpler), I'd be on the losing end right now. Lucky me.

Now I have to hope that Jeff Garcia and Ricky Williams return to the land of suckitude next week so I can successfully defend my HTF II league title.

Brad

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Westbrook made it pretty scary for awhile, now didn't he? If you'd swapped some of your bench receivers into your starting lineup (or Graham instead of Crumpler), I'd be on the losing end right now. Lucky me.
Yea, Westbrook gave me hope in the first half but I think he only got 1 touch in the second half and only 8 touches for the entire game. I'm not sure why Philly doesn't use him in their goal line offense.

My WRs and TE definitely killed me. Branch got hurt and the others just didn't get the ball.

Good luck to you in the championship!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks