What's new

Fantasy Baseball Keeper League 2nd year, New Owners needed. (1 Viewer)

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
We are looking for new owners in the Beer & Pretzels Keeper League. It's a points only Yahoo League that is free to join. The stats and scoring are a bit more complicated than many leagues, so make sure to read through the details at Beer & Pretzels Keeper League.

We are also trying to get a hold of a few HTF'rs that where in the league last year and owned the teams=

-Great Champino
-I m not creative
-Belfast Cubs

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Brian,

I've just sent an email to "I'm not creative". He doesn't visit HTF. :D

Don't remember who were the other two, but I guess one of them did make a post on your forum site as "pibb" or "pibb55". Doing a search for that username on HTF doesn't come up w/ anything though.

_Man_ aka Sultans of Squat

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian

Whoops!

I see that I had an outdated e-mail address in my HTF profile, so if you tried e-mailing me through HTF I would not get it. I have fixed it now. In any case it's [email protected].

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Corbin,

Did you want to join the league? Not sure if Brian got in touch w/ you.

Anyone else interested? :D

_Man_

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Not sure if he was looking to be a new owner, or if maybe he is one of our missing owners. I never got his e-mail though.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
One more try here. We might have 1 more slot available at this point. Draft time for the free agent pool will be this Sunday night (tomorrow) at 8pm.

http://htfbaseball.proboards23.com/i...num=1111946861

Also, if you were the owner of either Great Champino or Belfast Cubs from last year, please come join us and run your team again. We still have these rosters reserved for you from last year.

_Man_

Corbin Stirn

Second Unit
ARGHHHHHHH....can someoene PLEASE answer my question about when and/or where the draft is for beer and Pretzels????

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Well, the draft took place last night. There were some miscues, but it went ok despite the few hiccups (and one owner who missed it).

Scott,

If you're still interested, you might want to post at that forum site to see if the league is ok w/ you joining at this time. I imagine the league might be ok w/ letting you take over Dummy Team #3, but since you missed the draft, you will have a tough challenge competing w/ that roster even though that roster does have some good players.

Anyway, if you're still interested, post to the forum site to see. I certainly like to have more people join, if you ask me.

http://htfbaseball.proboards23.com/i...num=1111946861

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Hi, y'all.

The league is going well, but we'd like to add a few more owners (assuming we still can't locate a couple previous owners) to make things more interesting. If you're interested, let me know. Unfortunately, since the season is already a month old, adopting one of the dummy teams now will pose a substantial challenge for your chances to win this year. However, do keep in mind that this is a keeper league (that allows keeping your entire roster minus real life free agents), so if you don't win this year, there's always next year to build towards. And also, there's still a long season ahead as we're only ~1/6 of the way through. If you're shrewd and a truly astute baseball fan who's not afraid of digging into the stats, you should do well despite the challenge.

And to give you a good sense of how the competition is going and the rosters that are available, I'm gonna post a link to a snapshot of the standings for you to check out in addition to snapshots of league settings and the rosters (and G/IP used) for the 3 available teams (assuming 2 previous owners will not reclaim them first):

http://www.pbase.com/mandnwong/beerpretzelsleague

I've also added snapshots of the top 50 available batters and pitchers for you to see what's available right now off the waiver wire -- and there may still be good sleepers to be had and not visible in those top 50 lists of course. :D

So anyway, let me know if you're interested in a good challenge and the keeper/points format we have. And if you're one of the MIA previous owners, please also do come back and reclaim your team (if someone else doesn't do it first).

_Man_ aka Sultans of Squat

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks