FANTASTIC FOUR - 1967 Hanna-Barbera cartoon

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Jon F., Feb 3, 2005.

1. Jon F.

Jon F. Stunt Coordinator

With a Fantastic Four movie coming out this summer, it would be a great time to release the 1967 cartoon on DVD. But I have read rumors that the "home video" rights are in dispute. It seems Marvel is saying that Hanna-Barbera only has television distribution rights since there was no home video market when the cartoon was made. That's why you can continue to see the cartoon on television and why it has never been released on video.

This cartoon is considered to be a very accurate depiction of the comic books and is considered to be the best FF cartoon. (Yes, this one DID have the Human Torch in it.)

Anybody else like to see this get released?

2. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

I think it's the only FF show I'd buy. Even though it's portrayal of Susan Richards is quaint (and sexist - 'Oh, Reed!') looking back now, it's ripped from the comic books stories and Kirby artwork make it a must have for me.

3. Jonathan_Clarke

Jonathan_Clarke Second Unit

I'd love to see this. I have them all on tape from Boomerang but I would buy it in a heartbeat. WB could even put it in their Hanna Barbera series and I'd be happy.

I forsee a 1966 Batman problem here especially since WB owns Hanna Barbera and DC Comics. And since it won't make as much money as teh Adam West sets would, we may never see this.

4. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp

Russell
    I'd love this. I'm a total comic book junkie, and this would be great to have!

5. Bryan Toth

Bryan Toth Stunt Coordinator

I'd love to have it on DVD .... I've got very nice VCDs that were made from recent airings on CN or Boomerang (can't remember which) but a full-blown DVD release would be awesome .... as I said in the Marvel 60's Superheroes thread, I love all things FF (yes, even the '78 cartoon, and the - admittedly - horrible Thing cartoon the year after...)

Bryan

6. Jon F.

Jon F. Stunt Coordinator

Bryan, SOME things are better left unsaid. [​IMG]

7. Randy*S

Randy*S Second Unit

Randy
    Oh man, I would snap my copy up so quick it would even give Reed whiplash! [​IMG] This is my favorite FF show too.
    When women were ladies and you could get a cup o' joe...
    Aw heck.
    It's clobberin' time!

Infact bring on anything Marvel from 60's, 70's, 80's!

8. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Lead Actor

Sam Favate
    Maybe the 60s FF show will pop up on DVD around the time the 2005 feature film shows up on DVD. Just a thought.

9. Shawn_C

Shawn_C Stunt Coordinator

FF the 1960's series is great and probably the best series created. I hope the 1960's version will be released this year.

10. Jon F.

Jon F. Stunt Coordinator

With the announcement of BATMAN: TAS vol.3 and SUPERFRIENDS vol.2 for May, it's looking less and less likely that Warner will release this in conjuction with the FF movie. [​IMG]