What's new

Fantastic Columbia House deal from "Deals Page" (1 Viewer)

Skippy

Stunt Coordinator
Warren - That's exactly what happened to me... but I haven't gotten a welcome email from either of the extra two accounts (the original red or the second blue). My CC has been charged for one of them though. Did you get a welcome email from the extra ones? I'm just trying to figure out what the deal is with mine. Thanks.

Skippy

Jeffrey_S

Stunt Coordinator
Taking some advice from DVDTalk, I called Columbia House and setup a second DVD account without any problem using the same code. I guess this confirms that this is a valid offer. I was told that there is no problem having more than one account.

Jeff

Wes Nance

Stunt Coordinator
FYI,

I've been trying to use the website to no avail for the last couple days.

Today I called, using 1-888-242-3837, press 1 to join the DVD club, and within about 2 minutes, had joined, using the CYCD code and signed up for my 5 DVD's. I did have to give a CC#.

When she looked up the code, she said "5 DVD's for $24.99, free shipping, no obligation" so the code is still good to go.

Hope this helps somebody, as there's been tons of speculation whether this was still working. . .

Wes

Rick J

Stunt Coordinator
i placed two orders on wed, and i immediately received a confirmation email and am now awaiting my welcome/shipping email on order 1. i placed a 2nd order the same day (last wed) and haven't even received a confirmation email. should i be concerned? should i call? my concern is that if the 2nd order didn't go thru i'd like to reorder before they decide to drop the deal...any thoughts? rick

TommyL

Supporting Actor
Anyone getting through anymore...I ordered a few days ago..still waiting for them to tell me my account is active/I'm a member...didn't have to enter a CC#...which isn't a good sign...now I click video club, and dvd club up top, and try to add a dvd and it says page not found...grrr

Rich Chiavaroli

Stunt Coordinator
Found more codes that work.

CY4D
CY5D
CY6D

I just placed an order with CY4D. The agreement didn't specify any additional purchace requirements.

Warren_Sc

Second Unit

I only got a welcome email from the orders on the blue site, where I was able to enter an email address and a password. The default user name is your email address in that case. Via the red site I only received an email when the DVDs were shipped.

On the other hand, for my phone order (aka my 4th account) I was asked for an email address. This morning I got an email adverstisement from CH. On there was a link which, when I clicked on it took me to a member's only offer. I forget exactly what I clicked on (my account?) and my new account number was embedded in the link. At sign-in it automatically populated my user name with my yet-unknown account number. The default password is your zip code.

From there I was able to go to "my account" and choose a new user name and password.

This was fun, but I am done buying DVDs for a while now. I think 20 should hold me over for a while. I feel like I ate nothing but pizza for a week... I'll be back in a few weeks I'm sure.

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Thanks Rich. Those do work. The CYCD code still makes my cart disappear. :)

Used the CY4D code & got 5 more. It did ask for my CC#.
Looks good.

I think I will stop here with 2 accounts. Don't want to press my luck any further :)

Samuel_M

Agent
Hello!

I just registered with this forum...but I've been following this discussion over the past several days now.

I was able to get my first order in about a week ago and got a shipping confirmation when I called up the phone number that was posted earlier....

I tried setting up a second account online using the cycd code sometime last Thursday. I got my selections in but no CC was asked for. I still haven't heard anything back from them, except the one e-mail that says thanks for submitting an application, we'll get back to you and let you know when your application has been approved. As of this afternoon, I haven't heard anything back.

So what I'd like to know at this point is whether I shoud go ahead and call in and place the order again....if I do though, will I be able to give them the catalog #'s of the selections that I initially picked out? The reason I ask of course is that some have said that the selections have been reduced to a mere 100, as opposed to when I first signed up where I had access to virtually thousands of titles....

I would very much appreciate if someone could shed some light on this. Thank you very much! :)

Adam C.

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone know if I can use a box number as the address.

I am at college and and my brother alreadt signed up for this twice at my home address.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I tried setting up a second account online using the cycd code sometime last Thursday. I got my selections in but no CC was asked for. I still haven't heard anything back from them, except the one e-mail that says thanks for submitting an application, we'll get back to you and let you know when your application has been approved. As of this afternoon, I haven't heard anything back.

So what I'd like to know at this point is whether I shoud go ahead and call in and place the order again....
I would wait a while longer to see if your second application is approved. It takes a while, especially with the huge response that I am sure CH is getting! You could end up getting the same selections twice!

BTW, thanks for the info Donnie!

Samuel_M

Agent
Thanks for the advice...I think I'll wait a few more days...you're probably right. Wtih an offer like this, I'm sure CH is super busy these days!

Real quickly though....any word on the titles which we can select from now? I sorta brought this issue up in my last post but I'd really like to know if CH has narrowed the list or if they still allow us to choose from their expansive DVD catalog? If they have narrowed the selections we can choose from will any of the newly posted savings codes help to get around that?

Thanks...looking forward to hearing back from someone soon! :)

Rick J

Stunt Coordinator
samuel
i just tried the cy4d code and had all the choices i had before. i did notice it took quite a few tries to get the code to work...poor internet service or they're server's very busy. rick

Albert C

Agent
I had the same experience as Samuel. I had my credit card ready when I placed my CYCD order on Thursday and was never given the option to pay. Still waiting on membership approval even though I've been a CC member in the past.

Albert

Dom P.

Stunt Coordinator
Anybody know what would happen if you try more than TWO accounts w/the same info??

Hopefully, my first shipment will be here in a day or two, then I can cancel that account, open a new one and still only 2 active accounts. :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks