What's new

Fantastic Columbia House deal from "Deals Page" (1 Viewer)

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Yeesh! I'm just about to fulfil my "obligation" today. With the initial package (7 DVDs @ 27.35) + the two I'll get today (2 DVDs @ 19.95/ea), the average comes out to just under $8/dvd. That's still quite a bargain. Had I not gone for that 7th dvd on the initial purchase, my average would've been even lower.

I think I might just go back and pick up a 3rd DVD for 1/2 off and get the free shipping as Rice suggests.

Rick J

Stunt Coordinator
gotta know...

did anyone else get an email from ch regarding a "1 day sale, unlimited dvds at 50% off when you buy 1 at reg. price"? when i clicked on the "details" of the offer, i got the original "cy*d" offer page(5 dvds for 24.95,no s/h)! i tried to order from the blue page that came up, and i got the 404 error. there's also a "last chance" offer next to it that advertises the free shipping when you buy 3 or more dvds. i also got the cy*d offer page when i clicked on the details of that offer. again, there's no "cart" available for either page and the 404 error comes up. anyone else get this or find a way to get the page to work?! let me/us know...in the meantime, i'm gonna keep trying...rick

Funny thing...when I entered the promo code it recognized the promo, but when I went to add movies to the cart, you get a 404 Page not found error....for every single movie....Frustrating:angry:

Warren_Sc

Second Unit
Yes, the deal is dead. I mis-read and though his screen was stuck without a cart. One of my accounts was that way until I cleared my cookies.

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Well, none of my applications went through. I called CS today and they said that the CYCD deal ended 1/31. It stinks that applications were going through and they didn't notify us at the time. :frowning: Anyway, any other codes out there that will work and give free shipping?

EDIT ....Never mind. I decided to use the CVX code. BTW if you call you can bypass the PSN number that they usually require.

BrianJ>Y

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys,

Was just wondering what the deal is with the PSN#'s?

Also I'm already a member from the cycd code and was wondering if I could join again under the referral system with the cvx code and get 2 free dvds(plus s&h) from my first account for signing up the 2nd account?

to rephrase,

New account:
6 dvds (17.49)
2 dvds (44.88)

Old account:
2 FREE dvds (s&h 4.98)

So... is this possible or will I not be able to get the 2 "free" dvds from my 1st account?

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I received my order of 6 DVD's earlier this week. Actually, I should say that I received HALF of my order. The other half was WRONG!

Columbia House has absolutely horrible customer service. I emailed them on Monday regarding the problem, still haven't heard from them.

This is the second order in a row from CH that they have screwed up.

How the hell do you get 3 dvd's wrong? The receipt was correct. Idiots.....

:rolleyes

James D

Second Unit
BrianJ>Y-the PSN number is just your membership number from a previous, closed account. The codes that require a PSN are meant for former members as a way to lure them back into the club. As far as referring yourself to receive the 2 free DVDs, it is possible that you could get it to work. However, it is completely against their terms & conditions policy and if they detect it, you will be kicked out of the club and blacklisted.

BrianJ>Y

Stunt Coordinator
So I have to close my first(current) account in order to sign up another one under the cvx code?

Rick J

Stunt Coordinator
my understanding is that you can use any previous psn you want. the same membership # can be used more than once for a psn. it doesn't need to be a closed/cancelled acct. the psn must just exist. keep in mind you can also only have 2 accts/address.

i recall someone else stating this also. with the cy*d and cvx codes i've become "addicted" to ch. i enjoy opening and closing accts to get all those movies i've always wanted for the unbelieveable price of $5-

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

Don't email them. Call the 800 #. I think the option to talk to a CSR is the last option, or if not, just wait without punching any option and it will connect you automatically. I have not received any incorrect titles, but on both of my last two memberships they said they sent titles that they didn't. In both cases they sent a rain check, but on the first one, I got a response back several weeks later saying the rain check was invalid. You just have to call them and talk to someone. My experience is that they solve these problems right there. Be patient with them. Their CSRs don't seem to be the most literate people around, but they do seem to get the problems solved.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
So gang, are there any current codes with good deals for existing members? (Still in from my cycd membership.)

Rick J

Stunt Coordinator
most people seem to recommend canceling as soon as you've met your fulfillment requirement. then rejoin using one of the savings codes, currently cvx is the best...rick

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
CH is now cold-calling me at my house.

The sales pitch:

Pick 1 DVD now ($4.99) and then have the chance to get 5 more at $4.99 each, and the rest of the obligation is to buy 2 more at $19.99 (or higher). The CSR was sort of pushy in the "do you want this DVD or that DVD, or what DVD do you want right now?" vein of interrogation over the phone. Finally I told the CSR I didn't want any DVDs at the moment (a lie, I know), and hung up.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Jim-M

Second Unit
CH cold calls occasionally. The deals are decent, but not as good as you can get with some of the codes you can find online like cvx. Look at them as a good thing. If they had a problem with us opening/closing accounts, why would they call us to rejoin?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Hasn't happened to me, but that isn't even as good a deal as the one they offer blind to new members, not to mention nowhere as good as the "cvx" deal.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Doesn't happen to me because I will be damned if I am going to give them my phone number! I give them a work number.

I received an email re my incorrect order. They are shipping me the correct ones (they got three right, and three wrong) and a shipping label to return the three wrong DVD's. I have to use my own box....what a pain in the arse.

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
Patrick, I too got a call yesterday :frowning: She was a little too persistant for my tastes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks