Fantastic Columbia House deal from "Deals Page"

JohnRice

Executive Producer
Reaction score
Website
www.theteatable.com
Real Name
John
Rick, you can actually come out better than that if you work it right. I just signed up on "CVX" and the initial offer is to get 2 DVDs for 40% off with the purchase of one. You can't use the 40% off to fulfill your requirement, but you can get two $30 retail pre-orders for 20$ each to fulfill the requirement and a third for 40% off, or $12. The reason for doing it that way is because orders of 3 discs gets free shipping, so that third DVD only costs about $6 once you take out the savings on shipping.

Mike, to use any of these codes, you have to create a new account. CH very openly allows you to have two accounts open at a time. To use the "CVX" code you go to columbiahouse.com, click to join the DVD club and the next page has a window in the top right to enter the code. The CVX code requires a previous or current account #, which is asked for late in the signup process. They call it a preferred status number, or something like that. You can only use each membership # once each.

And, Rick, the best resource for this info is at DVDTalk Here.

John Thomas

Cinematographer
Reaction score
I'm running into a few problems trying these codes out. For starters, I'm on the "blue" site I think and entered "CYCD" (the 5 for $25 - no other commitment), which seems to have worked. Now, I start selecting titles and it tells me that it can't find the page it's looking for and to go back to the CH homepage.

Which site is the one with the larger selection, the red or blue? I looked on the thread at DVDTalk, got the selection #s and some aren't working (Almost Famous: Bootleg, for example).

I tried the CY(4-6)D codes and they don't work at all.

Jon Torres

Second Unit
Reaction score
Which site is the one with the larger selection, the red or blue? I looked on the thread at DVDTalk, got the selection #s and some aren't working (Almost Famous: Bootleg, for example).
I believe this deal is dead. I don't think anybody has successfully gotten an online order through in about a week. Find the section on phone-order-only enrollments at dvdtalk and you'll find Almost Famous Bootleg.

Update for me. Of my 5 orders, I have received only 2.

1/31 (online) received
1/31 (online) no emails for a month
2/6 (phone) received
2/7 (phone) no charge, no nothing
2/15 (phone) no charge, no nothing

I used a relative's address for orders 3 and 4. Order 5 was opened after I cancelled the 1st acct. Of the ones that went through, it took about 2 weeks. I doubt I'll get the remaining 3 orders, but I'm hoping. Columbia House is horrible with new accounts. They can't even tell you if your application is in the system. All in all, this deal probably made me a CH addict since I'll be going w/ CVX.

Jeffrey R

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
Sorry John, you're a little late to the party. The CY_D deals have been dead for a week or so.

John Thomas

Cinematographer
Reaction score
Well, I signed up today and have received my confirmation e-mail.

"We will ship your DVDs and Welcome package as soon as
your application is approved."

I didn't have to give my CC# either. (Btw, I went with the 5 @ .49/each deal which is the best I've found)

Rick J

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
i tried starting a new account today via the "cvx" code. when i got to the checkout, i was asked for a "preferred status number". what is that and where and where do i find it? it wouldn't allow me to checkout w/o this number. rick

James D

Second Unit
Reaction score
Rick- a PSN# is your membership number from a previous account. The codes that ask for a PSN# are intended for previous members to try to lure them back to the club. If you have never been a member, then you will not be able to use this code.

kurt_fire

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
ok guys...on Feb. 7 i ordered 5 dvd's using the cycd code. it DID NOT ask for a credit card, and i haven't received anything from CH yet besides the same-day as order confirmation email. i want to know if anyone has received their dvd's when they didn't have to give an cc number online?? i called and the women told me to wait up to 6 weeks and my dvds will come in the mail. so i have hope, but i'd just like to know if anyone has gotten the dvds from the site that didn't ask for the cc number.

thanks, kurt

Rick J

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
kurt

i know you not alone. over at dvd talk forum, there's many posts from people in the same boat. i ordered on feb 6 (no cc) and have exactly the same results as you so far, including the response from the csr. still hoping...rick

btw -thanks james for your response. i'm wondering how former ch members could use an old acct# to sign up for one of those deals. i'm not sure how many people keep track of 11 digit acct #s, and knowing ch they probably don't have any record of it either. i happened to have a previous # handy so i used it to sign up for the cvx deal.

John Thomas

Cinematographer
Reaction score
FYI: Received a shipment notice from CH concerning my DVDs. So, I ordered on 3/2 and they were shipped on 3/5; I'll probably receive them on the 7th or 8th.

Again, no CC# needed, but that's probably what the PSN# is required for. ??

JohnRice

Executive Producer
Reaction score
Website
www.theteatable.com
Real Name
John
John, you are talking about the "CVX" code? My experience with the returning member codes is they will send you a bill which you can pay by CC online or send them a check. I started a new membership last week with the CVX code as well and expect my DVDs any day.

John Thomas

Cinematographer
Reaction score
That's the 5 for .49 then 1 @ $14 and another @ $9, then 2 more to purchase in two years, John? If so, then yes.

It seemed to be the best deal out there right now.

John Thomas

Cinematographer
Reaction score
Email confirmation: 3/2
Email shipment notice: 3/5
Received package: 3/7

Not too shabby. Btw, picked up:

Memento: LE
Blues Brothers: CE
Princess Mononoke
Pulp Fiction: CE
Reservoir Dogs: SE (Mr.White)
Tombstone Vista Series
Mulholland Drive

..for $27.35.

Tommy T

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
I received letters yesterday for all the CY_D codes I tried to enter, stating that the offer was no longer valid. I placed my orders on February 14th so if anyone was holding out for hope it doesn't look good.

Back to CVX I guess....not a bad deal, but not a great one either.

Tommy

Jon Torres

Second Unit
Reaction score
I got my rejection letter from a phone order on Feb. 15th. I was able to get 2 orders in, so I'm happy.

JohnRice

Executive Producer
Reaction score
Website
www.theteatable.com
Real Name
John
I have now had two consecutive enrollments where they claim to have sent movies they did not send. On the first one, I sent in the raincheck that came with the shipment and ended up calling them 2 months later to get my movie when they responded saying I had received everything. I just got my most recent enrollment yesterday and two movies are missing, though they claim to have sent all of them. I'm waiting a couple days to see if the other 2 movies show up in another shipment. They show all were sent the same day. How the hell can they keep showing having sent movies they actually haven't sent?

Rob Tomlin

Producer
Reaction score
I received my "rejection" letter as well.

Bummer!

Forum Sponsors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rebccalim